Oil leak at front axel

Nessmuk

Equipment
Bx1500, FEL, tiller, plow, rake
Nov 9, 2012
Charlottesville, va
I just joined and I’m hoping somebody here can point me in the right direction. I have a 16 year old BX 1500 that is leaking from somewhere around the front axle. I just noticed it last night and I’m wondering if anybody knows whether there are any seals that might be the first place to look before I start getting into it next week. After 16 years without a hiccup I’m not surprised that I’m gonna have to replace something. I have the factory service manual here at home tucked away somewhere.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I just joined and I’m hoping somebody here can point me in the right direction. I have a 16 year old BX 1500 that is leaking from somewhere around the front axle. I just noticed it last night and I’m wondering if anybody knows whether there are any seals that might be the first place to look before I start getting into it next week. After 16 years without a hiccup I’m not surprised that I’m gonna have to replace something. I have the factory service manual here at home tucked away somewhere.
Yea your going to have to give us a little more to go on....
Like what kind of oil, motor or hydraulic.
And a much better location, as there are a lot of seal points to the front axle and things above the axle that can leak.

Nessmuk

Equipment
Bx1500, FEL, tiller, plow, rake
Nov 9, 2012
Charlottesville, va
Yea your going to have to give us a little more to go on....
Like what kind of oil, motor or hydraulic.
And a much better location, as there are a lot of seal points to the front axle and things above the axle that can leak.
It,s the UDT fluid I use in the front axle. It’s not engine oil. The drip is dead center on the axle. I checked the dipstick on rhe axle and it is dry. I was hoping that there is a seal that typically is the first to go. I guess I get it drained completely, clean it up. Put in cheap gear oil and watch ***128533;