PTO problem... Basic Warranty or Powertrain Warranty???

ffmikey214

Equipment
M7060, NH5060
Aug 8, 2019
Durango, CO
Question for those of you with more knowledge than myself (not hard to do).. I have a M7060 that had the PTO go out a few days ago quite suddenly. Have tried some basic troubleshooting to no avail. Reading my warranty Info Guide, it states that anything inside the "transmission case and rear axle housing..) is covered. My Powertrain Warranty expires in 17 days. Looking at diagrams and crawling underneath, it appears my PTO is inside the transmission. Am I incorrect.? Should a PTO issue be covered at this point? Just looking for input. The Service Manager at my local dealer says no, the mechanic I was speaking with said maybe, but that was before I talked with his boss. Am I footing this bill or is the factory. Just looking for thoughts, ideas or input.

Thanks, Mike

Tx Jim

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040 HDC-1,JD 4255,Ford 6700
Apr 30, 2013
Coyote Flats,Texas
Whether pto is covered under warranty is up to your dealer & Kubota. Yes it appears from viewing M7060 parts cat the pto clutch is in trans case. Sounds as if pto engagement pressure needs to be checked with a gauge.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Call Kubota Corp and see if they will give you a straight answer.

Yes it goes through the transmission so it should be covered by powertrain warranty via their warranty wording. ;)

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Call Kubota Corp and see if they will give you a straight answer.

Yes it goes through the transmission so it should be covered by powertrain warranty via their warranty wording. ;)
Bingo.

Do not rely upon anyone at your dealer.

Call Kubota directly and do it now.

SDT

ffmikey214

Equipment
M7060, NH5060
Aug 8, 2019
Durango, CO
Thanks so far. I will take any input from the group. I did call Kubota Corp the day it happened and was told to "call my dealer".... I just filled out an online form with all the specifics and will see what happens. Thanks again for all the support out there... Mike

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
Does it have E-PTO? Check the E-PTO lever, could be "in between" gears. It's on the back by the PTO shaft. Kubota redesigned the clutch on the M series a while back and I haven't seen one die yet....don't mean it doesnt' happen, but the old style, yeah, I put a few of those in.

rhines81

Equipment
L4060 HSTC, LA805 FEL, BH92 Backhoe and Landpride APSGR1578 Grapple
Jun 17, 2019
PA USA
If your machine is financed it should be covered under the Kubota insurance no matter what (at a $250 deductible) - but much better if under warranty.