Rebuilding My Tree Damaged Kubota BX24

Pepsiboy

Equipment
BX2350D, FEL, MMM, Rear tiller
Oct 3, 2014
Shell Knob, Mo
Nice looking tractor. For me the back hoe is only a dream. Very limited income says I can not have one, even though there are times when I could REALLY use one.

Dave

Shelby04861

Jul 13, 2019
Thomaston, Maine
Nice looking tractor. For me the back hoe is only a dream. Very limited income says I can not have one, even though there are times when I could REALLY use one.

Dave
Thanks for the compliment. The only reason I got both front end and the back home is because it needed a lot of repair, and thus I was able to get it much cheaper. In better condition, we both know the machine would have cost more than twice the price.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Shelby04861

Jul 13, 2019
Thomaston, Maine
Little bit of an update. Finally moved into our new home this past winter. Tractor was great for digging stumps, clearing debris, and leveling. I'm pretty much finding any way to use it around the house. I wonder if I can use it to bring all the groceries in from the car in one trip! I picked up a grader blade as well. Decided today was the day to replace the broke and non-existent throttle lever, as well as the broken leaking hydrolic hose for the backhoe. This should give me a bit more power than I am used to because of the RPMs, and I won't be topping off the fluid as much. The throttle lever was pretty straight forward, but the hose required a little more finesse. I began by setting the bucket out, and on the ground. From there I removed the bolts holding the pins in place, and unbolted the cylinders. This gave me more room to undo the hose and slide the new hose down the center. I assume there is a special wrench or socket needed to loosen and tighten the fittings at the valve block. I didn't have one, so I resorted to sliding my box wrench all the way down the hose, tightening, and then sliding it all the way back off. Didn't take too much more time. Next project is replacing a broken engine mount bushing and the center pillar steering and battery cage!

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Pepsiboy

Equipment
Oct 3, 2014
Shell Knob, Mo
So, I posted a basic question the other day, but now I am getting into the basic tuneup and rebuild of a bunch of the BX24 I bought. Below are some photos of the before, and I will try to add photos along the way if people are interested. Essentially this was a $4500 bargin find that I scooped up because I was in the market. It's a 2008 BX24 with just over 600hrs and one careless owner before me. I went front to back and made a long list. Off to the Kubota dealer I went to place my order. I should mention that I went all out because the budget allowed for it, but this tractor works as is. I also want to advise people to not shy away from the dealer, thinking that prices would be more expensive. This was simply not the case. They were pretty much spot on compared with online prices. Sure, I had taxes, but I saved a small fortune in shipping for larger items like a complete new body front to back. Anyway, on with the damage photos. Also, you will notice that other parts were damaged and broken off, so they are missing altogether.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk
Shhelby,

As you replaced the REAR FENDER PAN on your BX, did Kubota indicate that MAYBE it would fit on a BX2350?? If so, what was the Kubota part number for the metal fender pan? I too, am fed up with all the plastic and would like to replace with metal.

Thank you, in advance, for any and all help and advice.

Dae

Ollie1650

Equipment
BX23XX
Oct 22, 2020
Atlanta
On my BX2350. I replaced the floor pan with one from a BX2360.
All of the other plastic parts are from a BX2370.
Most of the parts can off of tractors that were dented slightly. But you could walk into the dealer and order everything you need for a BX2360. Serial number 52055.
You will need to buy the hood hinge bracket.

Shelby04861

Jul 13, 2019
Thomaston, Maine
Where did you get the rear fender from? I priced one at my local dealer it was $2200.00
I got mine from the dealer as well. Go on to and get the correct part number first. There are no guarantees that you are being told the right part and price. It was expensive and in the neighborhood of 500 I think. But that was the same price as if I had it shipped from an online retailer.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I got mine from the dealer as well. Go on to and get the correct part number first. There are no guarantees that you are being told the right part and price. It was expensive and in the neighborhood of 500 I think. But that was the same price as if I had it shipped from an online retailer.
Curiosity: Did you buy your parts from Union Farm Equipment?
My L48 TLB came from there, though I am not the original owner.

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Kubota parts are expensive, and don't be shy to ask for a discount when you are ordering a lot of expensive parts and paying cash for them. I purchased a snowblower that needed a new case and when ordering the parts I asked if they would give me a discount. I told him to speak to the owner of the dealership, and he offered me a 5% discount. That was enough to make the savings worth the asking. It was a small Kubota dealership. No, I don't want to mention the name of the dealership.

Pepsiboy

Equipment
Oct 3, 2014
Shell Knob, Mo
Kubota parts are expensive, and don't be shy to ask for a discount when you are ordering a lot of expensive parts and paying cash for them. I purchased a snowblower that needed a new case and when ordering the parts I asked if they would give me a discount. I told him to speak to the owner of the dealership, and he offered me a 5% discount. That was enough to make the savings worth the asking. It was a small Kubota dealership. No, I don't want to mention the name of the dealership.
I tried to get the rear fender pan from my local Kubota dealer. WAY over priced at $975.00 US. My fixed income budget says NO WAY. In addition to that, IF I were to find one cheaper, installing it NOW is way off the page. Too cold to work on it outside.

Dave

Shelby04861

Jul 13, 2019
Thomaston, Maine
Union Farm Equipment prices were on target with online retailers. They make their money on sales and servicing the equipment afterwards. The body parts I ordered would have cost me many hundreds to have shipped. You don't have to pay for shipping to a dealership.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Yes. I got most of my parts from Union Farm Equipment. They were great to work with so I didn't forget anything, and took care of parts that were damaged upon arrival for me.
Reports like that are good to hear.
I live 300 miles South of Union now, and my closet dealer is not that good.
I now order from Messick's, and the nice man in the big brown truck delivers to me.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Yes. I got most of my parts from Union Farm Equipment. They were great to work with so I didn't forget anything, and took care of parts that were damaged upon arrival for me
Assistant GM Mark Buck has been helping people on the various tractor forums for decades.

Dan