Rebuilding My Tree Damaged Kubota BX24

Pepsiboy

Equipment
BX2350D, FEL, MMM, Rear tiller
Oct 3, 2014
Shell Knob, Mo
I did misunderstand you. Sorry about that. That was a replacement for my plastic one. Because of the number of complaints, they went with metal, and all decals are included. That ran me $493 from the dealer. You cab get them online for a about $486 I think, but the shipping is about $130. When checking part numbers, I dont think they are the same unfortunately.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk
Shelby04861,

OK, thanks. I'll call my local dealer and ask them about it. Probably will get the same old standard answer of "We don't know", or "The mounts are different, and it will not fit". Also, will call Messicks and see what they have to say. Price seems to be a bit high for my VERY limited budget, but still not too bad for real metal.

Thanks, again for the info.

Dave

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
I also had to buy new body panels ect, if the item had high shipping costs because of bulk, i would order from my local dealer instead of messicks. The dealer will order the item with their store stock, it will come in a week or so and you dont have to pay freight. I used messicks for everything else.

Shelby04861

Jul 13, 2019
Thomaston, Maine
My center column pillars came in finally. Got a few more parts, and also picked up a brand new 3-pt hitch and a draw bar and hook for dragging trees out of the woods. I figured the draw bar and hitch would be cheaper than the log cradle which had very limited uses for me. Had to get the Kubiya decals for the hood. The Tractor Supply seat is very nice and is supposed to fit Kubota tractors. but the bolt holes dont really all line up. I only have 2 in there now, but I dont weigh a ton. I'll fix it later. I also like that the aftermarket seats have water drain holes in the back. Also, a little great and the seat spins nice a free and I can finally adjust the seat front to back back. Letting the plastic weld and cut off bolts cure in the old grab handle. That should do the trick for awhile. Going to clean off the old decals and apply the new ones as well

Last edited:

Shelby04861

Jul 13, 2019
Thomaston, Maine
Grab handles are pretty much in place. Have to wait for the plastic weld to finish curing before tightening the 2 bolts. I am currently trying to replace the inner tie rod and havent figured out the trick yet. I am googling now, but if anyone has a quick answer, that would be helpful. I do I loose. the inner tie rod from the steering ram. It seems that the ram spins with the tir rod. I am sure it is simple, but it had me puzzled at the moment. Any help would be appreciated.

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey

Shelby04861

Jul 13, 2019
Thomaston, Maine
Thanks! I didnt find that video. It took me a bit but I figured it out. I never saw the other side spinning just the same, lol! Ten minutes later and it is done as well as the HST linkage tie rod. I should have done that one when the body was off...oops! That's a rap for today folks! Also included a photo of new vs old decals. Replaced some on the dash as well because the decal kit came with them.

Last edited:

Pepsiboy

Equipment
Oct 3, 2014
Shell Knob, Mo
I did misunderstand you. Sorry about that. That was a replacement for my plastic one. Because of the number of complaints, they went with metal, and all decals are included. That ran me $493 from the dealer. You cab get them online for a about $486 I think, but the shipping is about $130. When checking part numbers, I dont think they are the same unfortunately.

Shelby0461,

Sorry to keep bothering you, but do you remember or have the Kubota part number for the metal fender pan? My dealer will not even try to find it without the correct part number. They also say that there is not now and never has been a metal fender pan for ANY BX. I think it is time for me to change dealers.

Thanks, again.

Dave

Shelby04861

Jul 13, 2019
Thomaston, Maine
Shelby0461,

Sorry to keep bothering you, but do you remember or have the Kubota part number for the metal fender pan? My dealer will not even try to find it without the correct part number. They also say that there is not now and never has been a metal fender pan for ANY BX. I think it is time for me to change dealers.

Thanks, again.

Dave
I believe the part number is KIT FENDER Item #K2592-95524 based off of the site lookup for the BX24. I will dig out my order list to see exactly which one they ordered. I did place an order on the phone with my dealer, but it was a far better experience to spend some time in person. Plus, the more time I spent there, the more I remembered to order without having to pick up the phone.

Here is the site lookup tool which I think you will find very helpful. When you copy/paste/search for the part numbers, the online sites usually provide you with the updated part numbers.

https://apps.kubotausa.com/illustrated-parts/

Pepsiboy

Equipment
Oct 3, 2014
Shell Knob, Mo
I believe the part number is KIT FENDER Item #K2592-95524 based off of the site lookup for the BX24. I will dig out my order list to see exactly which one they ordered. I did place an order on the phone with my dealer, but it was a far better experience to spend some time in person. Plus, the more time I spent there, the more I remembered to order without having to pick up the phone.

Here is the site lookup tool which I think you will find very helpful. When you copy/paste/search for the part numbers, the online sites usually provide you with the updated part numbers.

https://apps.kubotausa.com/illustrated-parts/
Shelby04861,

Thanks for the link to the parts. It looks like the part numbers are different on the first part of the number, but the last 5 numbers are the same. I will have to inquire the dealer about that, and will probably get nowhere.

Thanks, again.

Dave

Shelby04861

Jul 13, 2019
Thomaston, Maine
Tonight my motivation to replace the backhoe hydrolic line...well...just wasnt there. Decided to finish wiring up the LED light bar. Because I couldn't find my fish tape, I just kept the lines on the outside of the ROPS in some of that fancy woven finger trap type wire loom. The switch is a simple on off illuminated rocker switch. I fit it in right next to the other lights. Simple and effective I think. Also, this us the 30 dollar Amazon.com 180lumen whatever light with harness included. Good enough I think!

Last edited:

Shelby04861

Jul 13, 2019
Thomaston, Maine
My thoughts exactly. I'm thinking it will be nice to have during nighttime snow removal. Headlights are very effective when the bucket is blocking then with a load of snow.

Pepsiboy

Equipment
Oct 3, 2014
Shell Knob, Mo
shelby04861,

I'm still nosey about the mounts for that metal rear fender pan. I called Messicks and 2 other dealers in addition to my local dealer. They all said the same thing. The metal fender pan is for the BX 25 and BX 26 ONLY. All other BX models have a different set of mounts for the fender pan. Unless I would be willing to make my own mounts, it will not fit the BX2550. What did you do to get it to mount to the BX 24?

I would just hate to spent that kind of money for a fender pan and find out that it will not fit.

Great job on your rebuild.

Dave

Shelby04861

Jul 13, 2019
Thomaston, Maine
shelby04861,

I'm still nosey about the mounts for that metal rear fender pan. I called Messicks and 2 other dealers in addition to my local dealer. They all said the same thing. The metal fender pan is for the BX 25 and BX 26 ONLY. All other BX models have a different set of mounts for the fender pan. Unless I would be willing to make my own mounts, it will not fit the BX2550. What did you do to get it to mount to the BX 24?

I would just hate to spent that kind of money for a fender pan and find out that it will not fit.

Great job on your rebuild.

Dave
Sorry about the delayed response. I have been doing a lot to help get out house finished and haven't had the time to check back in. I simply ordered what showed up as a part number for my machine, and a metal one is what showed up at the dealer. In reading, it seems that they went to metal after so many issues with people cracking the plastic version of the fender. It was very easy to hit with a hammer and shatter it to get it off the tractor. I didn't really have to do anything special to fit it on the tractor. The 12vdc power plug was a little small(not worried) and the lights didn't immediately have a way of attaching, so I used the light mount areas of the old fender as a backing screw in location and it worked just fine(you will have to scroll back through the post to find that photo that I included).

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Pepsiboy

Equipment
Oct 3, 2014
Shell Knob, Mo
Sorry about the delayed response. I have been doing a lot to help get out house finished and haven't had the time to check back in. I simply ordered what showed up as a part number for my machine, and a metal one is what showed up at the dealer. In reading, it seems that they went to metal after so many issues with people cracking the plastic version of the fender. It was very easy to hit with a hammer and shatter it to get it off the tractor. I didn't really have to do anything special to fit it on the tractor. The 12vdc power plug was a little small(not worried) and the lights didn't immediately have a way of attaching, so I used the light mount areas of the old fender as a backing screw in location and it worked just fine(you will have to scroll back through the post to find that photo that I included).

Shelby04861,

Thank you very much for the reply and information. Now all I have to do is save my nickles and dimes to afford one. Maybe, if I'm lucky, I can do it next summer.

Dave

Pepsiboy

Equipment
Oct 3, 2014
Shell Knob, Mo
No prob. Just make sure to get it from your local dealer, as you will save over 100 on shipping costs(130 I think).

Shelby04861,

That is what I usually do. I'm not in a super rush most of the time, PLUS, the rush shipping is WAY out of my budget. Thanks, again, for the information. I sure would like to see your pictures when done.

Dave