Lock N Lube alternative

crmorse

Equipment
'20 RTV-XG850, '16 L47 TLB, '06 JCB 506CHL, '99 JD 455G, 1953 Ford 8N
Nov 28, 2016
Anniston, AL
I love my lock n lube adapter but I've yet to find a gun that consistent feeds or isn't airlock city after changing tubes.

Are there any reasonable alternatives to the standard 10oz cardboard tube guns for the average homeowner/small farm?

I've tried 3 different guns and the HF air powered gun and they all airlock on me from time to time.

Blondie70

Equipment
L2501DT('18)L2501('15)
Aug 6, 2016
Poplarville, MS
I got a Dewalt 20Max or whatever they call it...the 20 volt electric gun. It's heavy but that baby will pump some grease.
It has a bleeder screw on it that will get the air out. Just open it up until grease comes out....close it a go to pumping.
It uses the standard cartridges. Get plenty, becuz you will need them..ha ha.
I love this thing. Use it with the lock and load...it has a long hose that makes it really convenient.
good luck

tunin

Equipment
Kubota B1-17, B2410
Jun 23, 2013
Medjugorje
Hi, I am using just a simple manual greaser now, been looking at different options for some time now.

Being that I am on a Makita battery system, I was hoping Makita would come up with something for years now... I found this but I am not sure this is a solution for me: MakitaGG

I will probably buy the Milwaukee M18. Found a used one where I live with two 3amp batteries and a charger for 200,- What do you guys think, should I go for it?

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
I love my lock n lube adapter but I've yet to find a gun that consistent feeds or isn't airlock city after changing tubes.

Are there any reasonable alternatives to the standard 10oz cardboard tube guns for the average homeowner/small farm?

I've tried 3 different guns and the HF air powered gun and they all airlock on me from time to time.
I bought this on sale, added the lock-n-lube, and my grease woes have disappeared

https://www.princessauto.com/en/detail/18-litre-air-grease-pump/A-p8254534e

I would have preferred one of these that mounted directly to an OEM grease pail because reloading is messy. Couldnt beat the price though.

You wont want to ever use cartridges again.

tunin

Equipment
Kubota B1-17, B2410
Jun 23, 2013
Medjugorje
This looks good, I actuall found a few quite afordable where I am at, it is just that I have no more space in our garages...

Saving space is someth8ng I am always concerned...

I bought this on sale, added the lock-n-lube, and my grease woes have disappeared

https://www.princessauto.com/en/detail/18-litre-air-grease-pump/A-p8254534e

I would have preferred one of these that mounted directly to an OEM grease pail because reloading is messy. Couldnt beat the price though.

You wont want to ever use cartridges again.

tunin

Equipment
Kubota B1-17, B2410
Jun 23, 2013
Medjugorje
Hi guys, the Chinesium Lock n Lube alternative has arrived, first impressions are positive. It actually looks and feels better than I expected. Seams heavy duty,. Niceley packaged in a carton box and a tight buble wrap envelope... like nothing I’ve received from china.

Attachments

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
Hi guys, the Chinesium Lock n Lube alternative has arrived, first impressions are positive. It actually looks and feels better than I expected. Seams heavy duty,. Niceley packaged in a carton box and a tight buble wrap envelope... like nothing I’ve received from china.
I like the PATENT DESIGN reference. The direct Chinese translation is probably DESIGN COPIED AND NOW MASS PRODUCED FROM

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
Kubota sells them too. I ordered one and put on my Lincoln pneumatic grease gun. It's just too big for some places so I pulled it back off & put a the old/regular coupler back on. The lever is in the way for some of the grease fittings in pins like on loader bucket pins and backhoe pins. It's the exact same thing as a lock and lube....my coworker bought a genuine one, I bought the Kubota one. They are mostly identical as far as my eyes can tell.

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
Kubota sells them too. I ordered one and put on my Lincoln pneumatic grease gun. It's just too big for some places so I pulled it back off & put a the old/regular coupler back on. The lever is in the way for some of the grease fittings in pins like on loader bucket pins and backhoe pins. It's the exact same thing as a lock and lube....my coworker bought a genuine one, I bought the Kubota one. They are mostly identical as far as my eyes can tell.
Same issue here with lock n lube. The only fittings I can't hit are the SSQA levers. For some idiotic reason I threw out my old grease gun line with the normal nipple. Will have to get another just for the SSQA levers since my other little gun can't reach them either.

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
for some reason, I just can't see how that would enable you to get to those zerks on the SSQA levers unless you are just squirting some grease on the SSQA pins. There is a hole in the SSQA plate to reach the zerks but you need to have a standard grease fitting nipple. The lock n lube is just too large to fit thru the access hole.

leoric

Equipment
B2650 since 2018. BH77, LA534, Forks, 60" Bucket, 60" Mid mount mower
Mar 13, 2019
Indianapolis
That has a zerk on the end of it. You put the lock n lube on the needle zerk and the needle onto the ssqa zerk. It just depresses the ball in the zerk. Pump away. I've done it many times already. I could post a picture/video if you or others are curious. It might save you the cost of buying a second grease gun.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia

When you change tubes try screwing it on just a couple threads, release the plunger and then screw the barrel on the rest of the way. This is what I do and never have any trouble with air lock.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Not that I every use it because I bulk load my grease guns but, the both have push in air bleeder fittings on top.

tunin

Equipment
Kubota B1-17, B2410
Jun 23, 2013
Medjugorje
Hi guys, I am still looking at this one, what do you guys think, it is still available. not that I have a great deal of greasing to do but these manual guns are driving me crazy... the only downside to these is the fact it is not a Makita as I already have a bunch of Makita batteries (not that makita is better, it is just that I am stuck on a Makita system)...

Hi, Milwaukee M18. Found a used one where I live with two 3amp batteries and a charger for 200,- What do you guys think, should I go for it?