Fish Lifes B6100 Restoration

FishLife

Nov 28, 2018
Destin, Fl
*This thread is about the complete restoration of my B6100*

So, I have to address the low oil pressure issue. Already took the oil pressure sending unit out and used a gauge and confirmed I do indeed have low oil pressure. I suspect the the plug in the cam fell out as other have experienced.
During my test thought I noticed the gauge only read 3-4 psi higher at half throttle vs idle. I still plan to go in and check the plug but what are the thoughts on the oil pump and the relief valve?

Last edited:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Re: B6100 Low OIL Pressure Fix

I still plan to go in and check the plug but what are the thoughts on the oil pump and the relief valve?
Most likely neither the oil pump or the relief valve will be the reason for the low oil pressure, both of those are just about bullet proof, but for grins you can easily pull the relief valve out when you drop the frame before you take the gear case cover off. ;)

FishLife

Nov 28, 2018
Destin, Fl

Most likely neither the oil pump or the relief valve will be the reason for the low oil pressure, both of those are just about bullet proof, but for grins you can easily pull the relief valve out when you drop the frame before you take the gear case cover off. ;)
Just wanted to check. I'm looking at the parts diagram trying to put a list together of the parts needed for the repair. does this symbol (<=) mean before a certain serial number and this (>=) would be after?

FishLife

Nov 28, 2018
Destin, Fl

Also is there a post that someone has done a step by step to shoe the process or a video? I tried a search but unless its buried deep in a thread I couldn't find one.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID

Just wanted to check. I'm looking at the parts diagram trying to put a list together of the parts needed for the repair. does this symbol (<=) mean before a certain serial number and this (>=) would be after?
Yes it does. ;)

FishLife

Nov 28, 2018
Destin, Fl

This may be a stupid question but I have know idea and I dont see a reference in the WSM. Is it necessary to drain the oil before removing the gear case cover?

Last edited:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID

Yes as the oil level will be above the bottom of the gear case. ;)

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID

Thanks. I also have to replace the rear main so I know it would have to for that. Since I already have the axle off, I will just pull the engine and put it in a stand.
Note that there are two different gaskets on the rear main bearing holder, order you'll need both.

Guy from Canada

Equipment
B6100 Bulher Allied 95 loader, 46 Meteor Snowblower
Dec 12, 2017
Oakville Ontario Canada

I have come across a couple of YouTube videos that might be the cause of your low oil pressure. There is a plug on the front end of the cam shaft that comes out causing a low oil pressure light to come on. Just my two cents worth.

FishLife

Nov 28, 2018
Destin, Fl

I have come across a couple of YouTube videos that might be the cause of your low oil pressure. There is a plug on the front end of the cam shaft that comes out causing a low oil pressure light to come on. Just my two cents worth.
Thank you. I mentioned that in my first post.

FishLife

Nov 28, 2018
Destin, Fl

Well sure enough the plug on the cam fell out. Couldnt find it so it probably got chewed up by the gears. Im getting ready to leave to go out of town for a week so i will have to wait till I come back to get it back together. I know what now what all seals I need so I will go ahead and order those so they will be here when I get back.

Attachments

FishLife

Nov 28, 2018
Destin, Fl

Figured out how to have my pictures show in the right orientation when i post. Apparenty I have to have my phone sideways when i take the picture.

Attachments

Last edited:

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City

You may be able to find the plug in the bottom of your oil pan. Need a magnet you can reach around with.

And you may have mentioned the cam plug problem "in the first post" (that Guy From Canada mentioned) , but that was a different thread, I'm pretty sure. You might be better off leaving your conversations on the plug missing all together.

FishLife

Nov 28, 2018
Destin, Fl

You may be able to find the plug in the bottom of your oil pan. Need a magnet you can reach around with.

And you may have mentioned the cam plug problem "in the first post" (that Guy From Canada mentioned) , but that was a different thread, I'm pretty sure. You might be better off leaving your conversations on the plug missing all together.
If that came across as being snarky, Im sorry. I was just stating that I mentioned it in the first post of this thread. I’m in no way trying to turn down any advice from anyone who is trying to help. I once again apologize if that’s how that was interpreted.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City

I didn't take your answer in a negative way, it's just that folks may not have seen/read all your threads you have on this. You will probably get more responses if you keep it all together. You get some answers/ideas on one thread and then start a new one. This causes lack of continuity/confusion.

I do think if you look at this particular thread there is no mention in your first post about this cam plug falling out. That's why he probably commented as he did, just trying to participate/help.

FishLife

Nov 28, 2018
Destin, Fl

I didn't take your answer in a negative way, it's just that folks may not have seen/read all your threads you have on this. You will probably get more responses if you keep it all together. You get some answers/ideas on one thread and then start a new one. This causes lack of continuity/confusion.

I do think if you look at this particular thread there is no mention in your first post about this cam plug falling out. That's why he probably commented as he did, just trying to participate/help.
I just thought it would be easier for folks to search by starting new threads with each topic. Instead of one that could get very long and cover a wide range of issues that folks would have to read through if searching for a solution to a problem. I may be wrong and just cluttering up the board.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID

I'm keeping an eye on the threads, if it gets too cluttered I can combine those that need combined. ;)

I will mention that your other Thread "B6100 The Saga Continues." to me just comes across as a "poor me" or "complaint thread"., not a knock just an observation. :)

You are dealing with a 40+ year old tractor, count your lucky stars that you got one is as good of shape as you have, The B7100 that I'm working on makes yours look like a cream puff.

On the cam plug, I'm thinking that some of the early models were aluminum and might have just went poof (ground up by the gears) or yea as D2Cat said, it's in the oil pan.
Make a new plug and tack weld it in or if you can't weld, tap the cam for a threaded plug, that's the way most newer cams are done.

FishLife

Nov 28, 2018
Destin, Fl

I'm keeping an eye on the threads, if it gets too cluttered I can combine those that need combined. ;)

I will mention that your other Thread "B6100 The Saga Continues." to me just comes across as a "poor me" or "complaint thread"., not a knock just an observation. :)

You are dealing with a 40+ year old tractor, count your lucky stars that you got one is as good of shape as you have, The B7100 that I'm working on makes yours look like a cream puff.

On the cam plug, I'm thinking that some of the early models were aluminum and might have just went poof (ground up by the gears) or yea as D2Cat said, it's in the oil pan.
Make a new plug and tack weld it in or if you can't weld, tap the cam for a threaded plug, that's the way most newer cams are done.
Northern Idaho Wolfman, Ya that Saga thread you can delete that if you like. It not very helpful to anyone. I wrote it late and was kinda ranting. I will keep to the point for now on. Hope Im not wearing out my welcome.

I can weld and Im just going to turn a plug and weld it in.