another hydrolic question - really a continuation of some other posts

Captjack

Jun 30, 2009
Centreville,Md
another hydraulic question - really a continuation of some other posts

If you have been following Josh's pump pressure problem please help me with this one.

I have a problem with my L235 DT not being able to lift (bucket or 3pt) after it warms up. Now when I say that - it will pick up stuff(3pt and loader) but not at full capacity.

Today I was trying to pick up a half full 275 gallon tote filled with water. The tractor just laughed at me. Im guessing its about 1200 lbs which is close to the max this ol tractor can handle anyway.

So when lifting the 3pt with the tote , I simultaneously pushed down on the bucket lever (bucket up) all of a sudden the tractor picked up the tote.

This leads me to think I have a problem with the loader valve.

Any ideas ?

This is the valve I have on the tractor

http://www.brand-hyd.com/lv/lv-info.htm

thanks

Jack

Last edited:

Butch

Equipment
Kubota 2410, RC60-24B, FL1000- kubota hydrolic front snow blade- plug aerator
Sep 10, 2009
Rising Sun, MD
C-Jack... I think that is the one Vic is talking about.

If you set up is like mine the hydro oil goes from the pump through a metal line to a junction block on the right side of the tractor just inside the brake petals. What that block does is divert the oil flow from the metal line up and through the FEL control valve and then back to the block and to the rear 3 pt hitch.

The FEL control valve feed the 3 pt hitch from the power beyond port on the FEL control valve.

If you have determined that the pump is putting out adequate pressure when warmed up and the loader AND 3 pt hitch won't function properly.... most likely it is the FEL control valve.

The first place I'd look on the FEL control valve is the relief valve to the lrft of the joy stick... sometimes they can get debris under the seat. Second... when you have it apart check out the integrity of the relief spring assembly to see there are no broken parts.

If all seems well... reassemble and if you get the same dismal results... I'd give the relief valve an adjustment to increase the bypass pressure on the system. Maybe the spring has weakend over time.

If this fixes the issue... give thanks and Godspeed!

If not come back to the forum and there is a couple of other things you could doo with the FEL valve to check it farther. Let's hope this fixes it...

What do you think Vic?

Butch

Captjack

Jun 30, 2009
Centreville,Md
I didn't realize that the relief valve on the three point would have any thing to do with its ability to pick things up. I thought all it did was control how fast the three point lowered.

Butch

Equipment
Sep 10, 2009
Rising Sun, MD
CJ... I believe you are talking about the 3 pt hitch lowering valve that controls the rate of lowering an implement. mine is located under the front side of my seat.
The adjustable relief valve I am talking abot is on the FEL hydro control valve... the relief valve assembly just threads into the FEL hyd control main block just to the left of the joystick closest to the tractor hood. Butch

Joshua Zahn

Equipment
L275
Feb 13, 2010
Elkton, Maryland USA
Jack,
I'm thinking that if we can't get our hydraulic troubles sorted out we should just take our tractors over to Butch's. You're a little ways down the road and Butch has got to be close to me since he's in Rising Sun.:p

Captjack

Jun 30, 2009
Centreville,Md
Yeah I will drop mine off as soon as planting is done ! haha

I am just tickled to death that I can pick up a tank of water that is heavier than the 3pt is rated for!

Rated @ 1374 and I picked up 200 gallons of h20 @ 8.3 lbs per gallon (1660 lbs)

I just have to raise the bucket at the same time. If I have to live with this I will. The loader valve is new this year, but it did get a workout with all the snow this year. Who knows may be something moved inside it. I will mess with it this week sometime.

Butch

Equipment
Sep 10, 2009
Rising Sun, MD
The hydro pump is working fine otherwise you would not be able to lift with the 3 point hitch the way you did. The power beyond is working in the FEL control valve.

Here is a question... did the "Brand" valve come with the tractor as OEM or was it a replacement for the original valve?

Just for grins and giggles have you switchd hoses from the lift side spool (raise/lower spool) to the bucket roll dump spool to see if the other side of your valve will lift better than your current standard setting.

I am pretty sure your current valve has a regen setup on the bucket roll dump cycle that if you move the joystick slowly to the left the bucket will roll slowly whereas if you move it all the way to the left the bucket dumps fast. Just remember this when you switch the lift hoses over to the bucket roll side. After all what we are looking for is to see if you can get the bucket to lift weight. If it does... we need to look at the lift spool for issues.

Later, Butch.