L3240 not starting

hentree56

Equipment
L 3240
Apr 22, 2010
kissimmee, fl
Hi, guys the lady i am taking my dog to for herding training has a kabota L 3240 tractor really low hours in awsome condition, but it will not start. it will crank over but won't fire. I am actually going to school for marine mechanic at mmi curently but i have not played with diesels as of yet, just have a good grasp on how they work. heres the thing she told me that they changed the fuel filter( looks like a water seperator to me on the lower right side if sitting on it) and said she moved it about 50 feet and it just quit. while i was messing with it i noticed the service maintance light was on. she said that was for the oil change which she had done but never reset the system. does this stop the motor from running if it is not reset after so long? i know in the marine world there are systems like this now and wondering if this might have something to do with it. otherwise with the fuel filter on these is it common for some sort of vapor lock after changing that filter i thought it looked like the feed line travled up from that filter to the intake, its been a few days so i can't exactly remember. Any thoughts you guys might have that i should try on this? would be awsome if i could get it going she said she would do free lesons if i can get it running and i am a broke student atm and doin these lessons are to keep my dog from going nuts while i am at school and i enjoy them also. Thanks for any thoughts Eric.

KubotaTech

Equipment
None- I get to play with everyone elses stuff
Apr 1, 2010
PA
Don't worry, there is a simple fix for this. The service light can be reset by just pressing both display buttons on the right hand side of the dash at the same time. Turn the key on and hold both buttons at the same time for a few seconds, it will beep and the light will go out. As for the engine, it sounds like it has air in the line. Look at the injection pump, there is a small valve you can open, turn it counterclockwise fully to open it. This is a bleed valve for the fuel. Make sure the shutoff valve for the fuel is open. Crank it til it starts, let it run a few minutes, then close the valve on the injection pump. You should be good to go then.

hentree56

Equipment
L 3240
Apr 22, 2010
kissimmee, fl
ok thank you i will give that a try, will see if it starts after i reset it befor bleeding it to see if there is some crazy system keeping it from running

traildust

Equipment
B7610HST 4WD, LA352 FEL, Gearmore 2 Spool Top & Tilt Box Scraper
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
ok thank you i will give that a try, will see if it starts after i reset it befor bleeding it to see if there is some crazy system keeping it from running
Partner, you have no idea how lucky and fortunate you are that the first two people who responded to your post were Kuboman and Kubota Tech :eek:

Of course, the Trifecta would be having Vic in here :D