New Guy Here

cadillac jack

Equipment
1986 B7200
Feb 20, 2010
Northern KY
Just wanted to give a shout out. I can't believe i found this forum.

I just recently bought a 4X4 1986 B7200.

I have a Bush Hog FEL and a rear blade.

Its got 1300 hours on it.

I paid 4500 dollars for the tractor , including the FEL and the rear blade and counter weight.

The first thing i did after getting it home was an oil and filter change , topped off the Hyd fluid. Changed out the front axle gear oil and the oil in both differentials. Also replaced the fuel filter, and installed a new battery.

The only problem i have really noticed is that the rear lift bleeds off over time. Ive heard this is normal, would you guys agree?

I love my little Kubota.

Here are a few pics of my little beast.

Attachments

Last edited:

traildust

Equipment
B7610HST 4WD, LA352 FEL, Gearmore 2 Spool Top & Tilt Box Scraper
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
Just wanted to give a shout out. I can't believe i found this forum.

I just recently bought a 4X4 1986 B7200.

I have a Bush Hog FEL and a rear blade.

Its got 1300 hours on it.

I paid 4500 dollars for the tractor , including the FEL and the rear blade and counter weight.

The first thing i did after getting it home was an oil and filter change , topped off the Hyd fluid. Changed out the front axle gear oil and the oil in both differentials. Also replaced the fuel filter, and installed a new battery.

The only problem i have really noticed is that the rear lift bleeds off over time. Ive heard this is normal, would you guys agree?

I love my little Kubota.

Here are a few pics of my little beast.

Hello there Cadillac Jack and welcome to the greatest Orange Forum on the net :D

Looks like you did a really good deal and you are off to a perfect start with fluids and filters.

As far as the 3 point bleed down? My 2005 B7610 has always done it. Although not at a tremendous rate. When I'm doing work with the FEL I will periodically bump the control lever to the up and notice that it indeed goes up a little.

Back in 2004-05 when I was researching the net on Kubotas I did find people starting threads on other forums for the 3 point bleed down. Some took them in tho have seals changed and guess what? They were bleeding down soon after anyway.

To me, as long as it just needs a periodic bump every now and then I'm fine with it. But if you can eyeball it and see it actually lowering, than that's another issue.

Again, congrats on your new orange baby!

Scott

shine

Equipment
B2710
Sep 18, 2009
Northern Colorado
Nice looking tractor Jack. There sure are some good used tractors out there,it looks like you found one. My tractor bleeds off to if I don't tighten the little screw knob. Does your B7200 have a screw knob? If you have it parked everything should be on the ground anyway.

traildust

Equipment
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
Nice looking tractor Jack. There sure are some good used tractors out there,it looks like you found one. My tractor bleeds off to if I don't tighten the little screw knob. Does your B7200 have a screw knob? If you have it parked everything should be on the ground anyway.
Hey Steve,
I'll second that! As soon as I climb off my tractor the dogs always want to come over and give it a real good sniff over. Makes my heart skip a beat thinking about that box scaper coming down like a guillotine :eek:

I never tighten the lowering speed knob either. I just leave it set at the rate I like and never touch it.

Scott

stuart

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B7001 with loader & tiller, 3 point hitch and 4' rear blade
Aug 9, 2009
Aldergrove, BC, Canada
As I understand things, the 3 point is intended to be down for working, and up only temporarily for transport. I don't think the leak is really an issue in the original design. Hydraulics are intended for moving, not for holding
My B7001 came with a proprietary hitch and rototiller. For transport there is a chain attached to the tiller that attaches to the 3 point top link bracket to keep the tiller up.

traildust

Equipment
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
As I understand things, the 3 point is intended to be down for working, and up only temporarily for transport. I don't think the leak is really an issue in the original design. Hydraulics are intended for moving, not for holding
My B7001 came with a proprietary hitch and rototiller. For transport there is a chain attached to the tiller that attaches to the 3 point top link bracket to keep the tiller up.
Stuart,
I can agree with you on this. Even in industrial applications that have valves intended to lock in the pressure and return, they will fail.

On a smaller scale, this is why I NEVER trust a floor jack. Those things just scare the hell out of me :eek:

Scott

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Well I must be a lucky fella, my 3pt hitch stays put all day long up high. Not sure what year my B6100 is, I know she's got some age on her. And this is the exact reason why I take my equipment home with me every night if I'm doing tractor work at a customers house. I've heard all to often kids playing on heavy machinery and getting killed. Not on my equipment they are not. Yeah its a pain in the neck loading and unloading the tractor but I know where the tractor is, I know its safe and people around it are safe.

cadillac jack

Equipment
1986 B7200
Feb 20, 2010
Northern KY
Great way to look at it. I believe your right.

Thanks for all the great replies. I can't wait for this crummy winter to be over with. Pushing snow around is getting old. I want to start tilling.

traildust

Equipment
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
well i must be a lucky fella, my 3pt hitch stays put all day long up high. Not sure what year my b6100 is, i know she's got some age on her. And this is the exact reason why i take my equipment home with me every night if i'm doing tractor work at a customers house. I've heard all to often kids playing on heavy machinery and getting killed. Not on my equipment they are not. Yeah its a pain in the neck loading and unloading the tractor but i know where the tractor is, i know its safe and people around it are safe.
show off!!!

Orangefox40

Equipment
B7200HSD_FEL+Blade, 1986
Jan 2, 2010
Haliburton, Ontario, Canada
Hi Jack,
Welcome aboard. Great post and a great looking Orange tractor. I have had my 1986 4x4 B7200HST for 8 months and I love it to. It came with a FEL, rear Blade and rear tire chains. Did the same as you when I got it home with the fluids and filters. On top of that I have recently rewired the wiring harness as my Betsy has an alternator as opposed to the dynamo shown in the wiring diagram. The fusible link blew and I wondered why. Probing I found that the primary wire was a 12 ga. but the return ground wire was only an 18 Ga. and was fried, Daaa. I also replaced the voltage regulator with an after market one as Kubota wanted way too much, $140, for and original one. Hope to hear more about your adventures and yes my 3PTH also sinks after a bit.
Cheers,
Ron

B6200Dave

Equipment
B6200 HST
Apr 17, 2010
Carp, Ontario
Hi Jack,

Congrats on your Kubota ... you'll love it! I have a B6200 that was doing the same thing with a slow dropping of the 3Pth over time (I left it up one time and in about a week it dropped to the bottom). I replaced the O-ring on the piston for the 3Pth and now it is fine and doesn't drop at all. All it took was about an hour and $18 for the O-rings. What had happened over time is that the O-ring compressed on the bottom side (the piston is at an angle) and while it still worked it slowly leaked. Very easy to do and now it works like new again! There was an article in one of the forums with pictures that was extremely helpful but unfortunately I can't recall where I saw it.

Dave!

daniel.ray77

Equipment
1976 Kubota L225DT
Nov 16, 2009
Salt Lake City, Utah
Just been reading about the 3pt hitch bleeding down. I can lift the 3pt hitch on my 1976 L225DT in the raised position and it will stay put indefinitely as will the FEL. I had to the leave the FEL in the raised position for a couple of days so i could work on replacing the fuel injectors and it didn't sink even a 1/4 inch and i know this because i had it just touching the ceiling in my garage. The 3pt hitch will do the same but i don't cuz there is no sense in leaving it raised plus with kids running around it is just is not safe. Now I just wish the tractor had a higher flow hydraulic pump!!