M6800S CAB Trailer Light Harness Connector

bc1962

Equipment
M7060HD ROPS / M4-071D / M6800 ROPS / RC2512 / ZD1211
Nov 23, 2015
Walnut Grove, AL
Our Late 90's M6800S Cab tractor did not come with the then optional trailer light tow connector installed on the rear of the tractor. I am in the process of acquiring parts to add that feature. I have the outside hinged 7-pin connector, bracket mount, and rubber boot which I sourced from eTrailer as recommended by another user here on the forum. Great parts at a great price.

Also, I found the factory white nylon connector behind the operators seat by the floorboard (right side) which I studied and determined was where the optional trailer light harness would connect. It is an 8-pin rectangular connector (4 over 4), which in our tractor only uses 6 of the 8 pins. Instead of cutting this off, and installing my own version, I would like to find a compatible MALE CONNECTOR to wire and connect to keep things original. Any help in sourcing this connector would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Bill

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
I wont try and answer your question but would offer some knowledge I gained on the subject of Kubota trailer wiring.

I have a M7040 and a WSM. The wiring diagram showed brake light signal going to the trailer connector.

When I tested for a brake light signal while depressing the brake pedals, there was no voltage.

Different countries have subtle differences in tractor lighting requirements.

In Canada, brake light are not used by regulation.

As I checked further, there was not even a brake light switch.

Before you go too far just make certain you have the wires that you need actually there with their necessary switches

Dave