seat ergonomics bx2230

lakebota

Sep 23, 2013
nor cal
with the bx2230 back in service I can painfully say that the seat ergonomics on this tractor are terrible for me. the entire sear is sloped forward and with my 6'1" 190# frame the coil springs don't compress enough to level her out.
I'm thinking two options heat and allow the springs to sag a little a'la low-rider, or adding a bushing and longer bolts to the front seat mount locations.
Anyone else suffering through this? Is there another style seat available that does not slope to the front?
I realize raising the seat I may have to add a taller loop to the rops, I have bent the tang allowing the seat to slide another half inch back.

Dieselbob

Equipment
BX 2230, LA211 loader, 60â€￾ MMM, 2â€￾ wheel spacers, grille guard, gauges, bucket e
Nov 17, 2014
Fort Wayne IN
I concur that the seats used on the BX2230 might me the worst piece that has ever been bolted to a Kubota product. They are uncomfortable, offer no side support to keep you in the seat, are made in a cheap way (crimped on strip that holds the material on) AND is made of cheap crappy vinyl. My seat began to self destruct at the 300 hour mark. I too am interested in good quality bolt on replacement seats. I notice the seats on the newer BX's are VASTLY better. Kubota should offer an upgrade program (like the ROPS) to all the people that got screwed by their HORRIBLE choice in seating on the early models.

lakebota

Sep 23, 2013
nor cal
thank you all, I think I'll see what the tsc has next time I head to the big city. I think I may be a little afraid about one that raised me up much more than an inch or so because of the rops.
Now, must search rops upgrade.

Last edited: