L2250DT oil pan removal

rlb9585

Equipment
Kubota L2250DT
Mar 29, 2015
Bucyrus, KS
I just picked up a L2250DT tractor, and it had a real bad, I thought was, fuel knock. I put new injectors in it and that didn't change a bit, so I decided to pull the head off and found an issue with the front piston/cylinder. My question is can I get the oil pan off with the engine still in the tractor? To me it looks like if I can get the front driveline out of the way I could pull the pan off and knock that piston out of there, but not sure if this is possible. Thanks for the help.

Randy

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
You should be able to get it out. I Happen to be about 60ft from one. Will look after dinner and see what it takes to remove it. If I remember right it's a two piece pan with the propellor shaft running through the middle of it. Either removing the motor or dropping from the bottom is gonna be a great big pita

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rlb9585

Equipment
Kubota L2250DT
Mar 29, 2015
Bucyrus, KS
Thanks I would really appreciate it. I would think there was a way to get it out, but just haven't messed with these enough to know for sure.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
It's my dad's tractor. First time I've been on it in ten years was yesterday to unload my tool box. I got charging, starter and electrical issues to fix on it this week. :rolleyes:

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Got some pics for ya, for what your looking to get into. If you have the fel, you'll want to remove it for ease of access to the engine. First pic shows the propeller shaft going in between the oil pan. The orange subframe support and the propellor shaft need to be removed

Then directly opposite the frame you can see and get to the bolts for the oil pan

And judging by the second pic, I found my oil leak :rolleyes: guess that's going on to the to do list for later on down the road :eek: and it's missing a subframe bolt. I need to quit looking at it :rolleyes: :):D;)

Last edited:

rlb9585

Equipment
Kubota L2250DT
Mar 29, 2015
Bucyrus, KS
Thanks, does it look like its a two piece shaft? It would be nice if there was like a slip yoke somewhere to pull that off to keep from disassembling to much stuff. Mine is covered in grease, oil and dirt, so its hard to tell exactly what I'm working with.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Unfortunately it doesn't look like a slip shaft. Looks like a solid shaft. Here's where it ties to the front

Here's where it ties to the tranny

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Here's a couple pics of the shaft. Can't locate dads drop light so I'm taking pics to see what's under there