methanol ratio per gallon of water for tractor tires

wildwolfproducts

Equipment
Kubota M-4700 Ferris IS2000
Apr 15, 2010
Stantonville TN
Trying to find out the right amount of Methanol I will need to add to my 14.9/28 tires on my Kubota M-4700? Not looking for it to be below 0 just around 20 degrees or so.
Thanks in advance.
Pete

Theekillerbee

Jun 28, 2009
Pleasant View UT, USA
Not really sure you should be putting methanol in your tires, it is very flammable, plus if it is light outside, you cannot see it burn! Just get some windshield wash concentrate...much safer.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
hey wolffie,,, just use the cheapest ainti freeze you can find and do it 50/50,, its cheap and works well, and i think its almost 10% heavyer than just water,if i remember right,, and this was very hard to write left handed too,,,lol

wildwolfproducts

Equipment
Kubota M-4700 Ferris IS2000
Apr 15, 2010
Stantonville TN
WOW how in the world did the tractor catch the tire on fire? As for the methanol being bad. Yes I know I used to haul 8000+ gallons at a time. And guess what we made out of it? You got it the ainti freeze most others talk about using.
Being I have to have 56 gallons of what ever goes in each tire. Don,t think I can stand to buy 56 gallons of ainti freeze to mix 50/50 for both tires.
All our life we have used this even the tire shops used it for loading tractor tires. They will add it for me tomorrow still here. But I have 55 gallons of it and the stuff to do it my self. Just can't remember how much to mix?
Also when you mix the methanol with water the chance of it catching on fire goes down to nothing..
As for that picture on the tractor burning. Do you know thats what caused it to burn? As from looking at it if that was the case don't think it would look that good. I know a tanker truck that caught fire one time sure melted for the fire.
Have a great day and I will post as soon as I find out how the mixture should be.
As we also have a 90+ HP Kubota 4x4 that will be getting all 4 tires loaded with liquid also.
Pete

avi8tor

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2800DT, BX2380, RTV X900
Mar 14, 2010
Cleveland, Alabama
The dealer filled both rear tires with methanol/water mix before they delivered my kubota. I asked why they used methanol and they said that it was cheaper than anti-freeze. I questioned about the flammability rating of the methanol mix and was told is was no worse than the anti-freeze mix.

stanster

Jan 18, 2010
west unity, ohio
We use it in geothermal loops and a 16% solution by volume is good down 20deg F, 21% to 15deg F, 25% 10 DEG F. Not sure if that helps if you want to go lower you can figure out the ratio.