Pat’s Quick Hitch

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
I’m curious for replies from those of us who have used Pat’s Quick Hitch on their 3-point lifts as to how that works out for various implements.

PHD, shredder, finish-mower, blades, etc.

dochsml

Equipment
L4701HST
Jan 21, 2020
Leonard, TX, USA
Mine works great for getting the bottom pins connected (especially if you have telescopic stabilizers). I think my Pat's came with a bar that will hold the lower arms at the right spacing, but it needs to be removed for hooking up the PTO (telescopic stabilizers eliminate needing to use this at all). The only other thing is the fact that the Pat's moves the connection point back 3 or 4 inches and requires additional top link length. For mine, I had to purchase a longer top link. If I had a hydraulic top link, I would probably get a quick hitch. Even though the quick hitch should work better, seems like I would have to get off to adjust the top link anyway.

mendonsy

Equipment
B7500HST/LA302
May 28, 2012
Mendon, NY
I installed a Pat's QH on my B7500 about 4 years ago. I have four 3pt implements and all of them are different mounting dimensions so Pat's is the only QH that could work for me. I did have to purchase a longer top link because of the added length.

i7win7

Equipment
BX2370, B2650 grapple, tree puller, trailer mover, 3 point hoist, mower, tiller
Feb 21, 2020
Central, IL
Had a pair of these on a BX model. The lift arms have a ball joints in them to compensate for minor changes in geometry them the lift arms are raised and lowered. The Pats adapters have bolts that tighten against the lift arms and you lose the adjustment provided by the lift arm ball joints. This may put pressure on the attachment lips bending them.

A true 3 point quick hitch does not clamp onto the lift arms and convert any rotational motion at the lift arm into straight vertical motion.

I tried the Pats product because my 3 point QH was too small for my 3 point blade. After using 2 hydraulic jacks butted together to spread the lower QH hooks 3/8" further apart, I can use my QH on all my stuff

Roadworthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 HST
Aug 17, 2019
Benton City, WA
For my purposes Pat's is great. The three point connect on my mower is much wider than my box blade. I did need a longer top link but after locating one learned I could have done the same thing with a couple chain links. The top link only pulls, it doesn't push. I also needed a longer PTO shaft but I don't think that was caused by Pat's. The shaft was actually too short for my old tractor, too I just never realized it. The dealer had added an overrun clutch to make it work. I'd been using it that way for fifteen years. I did replace the adjustment bolts with set screws. The bolts were too soft and would mushroom when tightened.

Last edited:

Sammy3700

Equipment
L3800HST,524Loader,BH77,Landplane,Disk,Mowers and more
Feb 20, 2012
Red Springs, NC
I have them on 2 L series tractors I went with the weld on ones. Bought new ball ends from Ag Supply stopped at a friends fab shop found a pice of 2 1/2 by 3/4 flat stock and made a new set of lift arms like the original same overall length end to end. Then made a set of stabilizers out of 3/8 day 2 1/2. Has to fix a few pieces of equipment so all are the same width but is was worth it even made home made set for the 8N. Now any tractor will hook to any implement. Wish I could post pictures I haven’t mastered that yet

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
I installed the Pat's on my "new to me" M4900, and they worked so well I got a set for the old JD1530. My old Quick Hitch will collect dust,