Radiator angle question

Webn237

Dec 26, 2016
Southrn WI (Monroe)
Hey guys. I am building another Kubota diesel powered golf cart and was wondering if I could angle the stock D600 engines radiator? I know in the original Jacobsen mower is was vertical. But was wondering if I angled it if it would cause any problems?

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Hey guys. I am building another Kubota diesel powered golf cart and was wondering if I could angle the stock D600 engines radiator? I know in the original Jacobsen mower is was vertical. But was wondering if I angled it if it would cause any problems?

Too many factors for us to give you a good solid answer, too much angle and it will trap too much air.

But normally an angle on the radiator won't affect it much if it's generally full.

Webn237

Dec 26, 2016
Southrn WI (Monroe)
Too many factors for us to give you a good solid answer, too much angle and it will trap too much air.

But normally an angle on the radiator won't affect it much if it's generally full.
It would be no more than 45° angle. Its going to be behind a body and want to have a air scoop to pick air up from underneath the cart and push it up to the radiator.

Webn237

Dec 26, 2016
Southrn WI (Monroe)
On my other diesel cart I was able to put it underneath the back seat. This one is going under the front seat and don't want to cut the body for airflow.

Webn237

Dec 26, 2016
Southrn WI (Monroe)
The red square is where the radiator will be on the back side of the body. I figured tip it forward so air can be pulled up better from the fan into the radiator.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
It would be no more than 45° angle. Its going to be behind a body and want to have a air scoop to pick air up from underneath the cart and push it up to the radiator.

You should be fine, if you wanna be 100% sure have the neck changed to sit flat with the radiator at 45 and use a good cap and overflow tank.

My bobcat has the radiator like that and it works perfectly, also a ton of sand rails and others use that same configuration. ;)

Webn237

Dec 26, 2016
Southrn WI (Monroe)
You should be fine, if you wanna be 100% sure have the neck changed to sit flat with the radiator at 45 and use a good cap and overflow tank.

My bobcat has the radiator like that and it works perfectly, also a ton of sand rails and others use that same configuration. ;)
Sweet. This radiator does have a overflow with it so I plan in using it. I am going to build a custom flatbed on this with some stacks. Should be sweet lol. Also have a cab for it so I am going to add a coolant heated heater for the cab. Will be awesome when its done.