Chainsaw mount SawHaul

SolbergDave

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX5800HST w/LA1065 FEL, Bobcat forks, QH10, RB3784, BB3584, RTA1274
Jul 12, 2018
PHILLIPS, WI
So I've been looking for a chainsaw mount for awhile, and didn't see what I was really looking for, not good reviews, built cheap. Then I saw this (Messicks video) and thought was great. I was concerned that it would not fit my MX based on the mount dimension, but I emailed the mfg and they assured me it would, and it did. Anyways it your looking for a solid saw mount this thing is a beast, made in the USA. It is a little pricey, but you get hat you pay for. FYI, saw does sit inside the outside path of the wheels.

Attachments

japollner

Equipment
BX2380
Jul 23, 2018
GREENFIELD
I’ve seen these and I’m not a fan of the lack of support on the saw. I feel like if you really want to carry your saw like this, outside the wheels is asking for disaster, especially if you’re in a wooded area. Saws aren’t designed to be stored like that, especially while in motion.

Clover13

Jul 27, 2018
NJ
I’ve seen these and I’m not a fan of the lack of support on the saw. I feel like if you really want to carry your saw like this, outside the wheels is asking for disaster, especially if you’re in a wooded area. Saws aren’t designed to be stored like that, especially while in motion.
How do you transport yours?

quazz

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 and Z411
Jan 6, 2014
Rockley, NS
Yeah I wouldn't think of putting it outside the wheels but they also sell a mount for the Rops. I would like something horizontal so that the weight isn't all on the bar. I carry mine in its case in the FEL but that is not ideal. It is easy to forget that it is there.

SolbergDave

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 12, 2018
PHILLIPS, WI
Not outside the wheels, well inside. I guess time will tell if bad for the saw, I don't see it the way it sits in there. one of the reasons I did not like the blade clamp style.

quazz

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 and Z411
Jan 6, 2014
Rockley, NS
I'm sure it will be fine and better than what I use which is the bucket.

Reactions: 1 user

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
For what they ask for these saw mounts, I'll keep carrying mine in the bucket, LOL.
hasn't hurt it in the last 30 years.

quazz

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 and Z411
Jan 6, 2014
Rockley, NS
For what they ask for these saw mounts, I'll keep carrying mine in the bucket, LOL.
hasn't hurt it in the last 30 years.
Until one day you think, "Hey I should move that little pile of dirt out of the way" and then feel sick when you see an orange thing, your saw, sticking out of the dirt you moved. This was a brain cramp.

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
Until one day you think, "Hey I should move that little pile of dirt out of the way" and then feel sick when you see an orange thing, your saw, sticking out of the dirt you moved. This was a brain cramp.
I did this, that was motivation to find a solution.

quazz

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 and Z411
Jan 6, 2014
Rockley, NS
I did this, that was motivation to find a solution.
You were smart to do that. I have a big plastic box with wedges cant hook, ax etc in it that I have to carry in the bucket anyway but where a mount like yours would help would be when I am doing smaller jobs where I don't need all this other stuff.

SolbergDave

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 12, 2018
PHILLIPS, WI
So why a saw mount w/o all the other logging stuff, or not just drop it in the bucket??? - I do alot of woods trail mowing. 10 miles of my own trails, and 6 miles of county trails I volunteer todo. So I'm either have the brush hog on, or the FEL mounted trail mower for side brush clearing. Pretty common to run across fallen trees and limbs, just want to get off the tractor and grab the saw and getherdone.

Kevin1

Equipment
Husqvarna MZT 52, BX2380,FEL, Box blade, Landscape Rake
Dec 15, 2017
New Bern, N.C.
I added one to my BX recently and really like it. I use to have mirrors mounted in the same spot but had to remove to make the the SawHaul work.

Attachments

quazz

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 and Z411
Jan 6, 2014
Rockley, NS
So why a saw mount w/o all the other logging stuff, or not just drop it in the bucket??? - I do alot of woods trail mowing. 10 miles of my own trails, and 6 miles of county trails I volunteer todo. So I'm either have the brush hog on, or the FEL mounted trail mower for side brush clearing. Pretty common to run across fallen trees and limbs, just want to get off the tractor and grab the saw and getherdone.
Yeah I do that too and if I have all my wood cutting tools I won't forget they are there in the bucket but if I am doing other chores and the chainsaw is for "just in case" then I forget that it is there. Others may not have this problem but I do and a mount would eliminate the possibility of repeating my previous mistake of using the FEL with the saw in it!

dochsml

Equipment
L4701HST
Jan 21, 2020
Leonard, TX, USA
Yeah I wouldn't think of putting it outside the wheels but they also sell a mount for the Rops. I would like something horizontal so that the weight isn't all on the bar. I carry mine in its case in the FEL but that is not ideal. It is easy to forget that it is there.
I bought a tractor caddy that attaches to the ROPS via U-Bolts. I can carry the saw, gas can, bar oil and a tool box. Only thing is, I need to bungee them all down.

johnjk

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B3200 w/loader, Woods RC5 brush hog, 4' box blade, tooth bar, B1700 MMM,
Apr 13, 2017
West Mansfield, OH
I was thinking of some sort of tractor caddy, whether it is ROPS mounted or 3PT mounted to haul gas, bar oil, chain file, safety gear, etc. Right now if I do a sawhaul, I still have all that other stuff in the bucket. Big Tool Rack is out of my price range although feature rich.

The more thought I put in to this, for me I think building a 3PT attachment may be the best way to go. The 3PT frame can be had for around 160.00 and another 60-80 for pressure treated lumber and HW would build me something pretty nice. Only question now is where in the heck am I gonna store it? Hate to leave it outside and the current garage is packed full. Time to go play Tetris in the garage again.