B7100 Sediment Chamber

FisheyeFarmer

Equipment
B7100, Tar River 41" Rototiller, Kubota Mower Deck, County Line Middle Buster
Sep 29, 2015
Waterford, MI
Hello Fellow Kubota owners,

Forgive my beginner question. I tried to search for the answer first.

I recently replaced my fuel filter on my b7100 and in during the replacement the on/off lever for the fuel line was moved.

They symbols are in Japanese. I had a friend translate for me and she thinks the top symbol is open and the bottom is closed. That's all fine. The problem is the lever does not have any indicator mark to show which way it is pointing. AND, it goes past the symbol that reads open.

Another way to put it is that the lever turn 180 degrees, while the symbols are 90 degrees apart.

I hope this makes sense to you all and you might be able to help me sort out this confusion.

I tried to add a picture by OTT's uploader wasnt working.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Hello Fellow Kubota owners,

Forgive my beginner question. I tried to search for the answer first.

I recently replaced my fuel filter on my b7100 and in during the replacement the on/off lever for the fuel line was moved.

They symbols are in Japanese. I had a friend translate for me and she thinks the top symbol is open and the bottom is closed. That's all fine. The problem is the lever does not have any indicator mark to show which way it is pointing. AND, it goes past the symbol that reads open.

Another way to put it is that the lever turn 180 degrees, while the symbols are 90 degrees apart.

I hope this makes sense to you all and you might be able to help me sort out this confusion.

I tried to add a picture by OTT's uploader wasnt working.
I wanna know how you changed the filter if you didn't turn the fuel off when you changed it?

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
When I tried the same task on my lightly-used/new-to-me M4700 ... the fuel POURED out regardless of which way the lever was oriented.

Later (when I removed the entire assembly to use JB Weld on the 90-degree fitting that Kubota had simply pressed into the aluminum housing and had vibrated loose) ... I discovered the previous owner had apparently disassembled and re-assembled the valve and placed the spring-washer in the wrong location. After careful study I put it back as I imagined it should be and... now it works properly.

Yes, the lever can be turned either 90 or 180 degrees, but two positions (180) allow fuel to flow and one position (90) shuts the fuel OFF. None of the manuals address this issue clearly.