Improvements for a Perfect BX ...?...

miketrock

Nov 25, 2019
Pa
It just occurred to me ***8230; wouldn't it make BX's perfect if they had hydraulic pumps like the B series (dual and with position control) and make the rear axle 4" wider (2" out each side) (for better stability, less tipsy)?? just a thought ***8230;

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
It just occurred to me ***8230; wouldn't it make BX's perfect if they had hydraulic pumps like the B series (dual and with position control) and make the rear axle 4" wider (2" out each side) (for better stability, less tipsy)?? just a thought ***8230;
Position control would certainly help.

I expect to see it the next time the BXs are refreshed as JD has had it on their competing 1025R for several years and MF has always had it.

Lack of position control is an absolute show stopper for me.

SDT

RonBoyBX25D

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, LP Grapple, Bro-Tek spacers, QH, Box Blade, Landscape Rake, RB, and 1560G
Aug 1, 2015
Minneapolis, MN
Position control would improve the BX a lot. I upgraded to a B this last fall and didn’t realize what I was missing, the wider axle would also be a plus.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
Shorter ROPS so you can drive into regular 'car' garage....
Armrest plus that DON'T fall out...
KENDA tires up front...

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Position control would improve the BX a lot. I upgraded to a B this last fall and didn’t realize what I was missing, the wider axle would also be a plus.
Position control is kind of like a remote control TV, microwave oven or cell phone. If you've never had one, you don't miss it but once you have, you cannot understand how you could have gotten along without it.

SDT

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
What exactly is position control?
Position control is a closed loop system incorporating a feed back mechanism that senses the position of the lift arms allowing the system to return the lift arms to the same position each time the control handle is returned to a specific position in the quadrant. Though not certain, I believe that your 2501 has this system.

The BX series uses an open loop quarter inching valve system without feedback to sense lift arm position. Accordingly, there is no way to return the lift arms to a specific position (aside from full up or full down) without visually monitoring.

SDT

beex

May 21, 2019
on my bx
If they give it position control, more hydraulic flow, and wider axel, then isn’t it a B with small tires?

I would add split brakes too, then it really is a B.

If Kubota would weld 2 3 cylinder blocks together and make an I6 in a SCUT, that would be unique. Tune it down to 25hp and go with no DPF. I would buy one. An I6 is perfectly balanced and has overlapping power strokes, no vibration even at low RPMs

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
If they give it position control, more hydraulic flow, and wider axel, then isn’t it a B with small tires?

I would add split brakes too, then it really is a B.

If Kubota would weld 2 3 cylinder blocks together and make an I6 in a SCUT, that would be unique. Tune it down to 25hp and go with no DPF. I would buy one. An I6 is perfectly balanced and has overlapping power strokes, no vibration even at low RPMs

It would also be a foot or so longer and much more expensive.

The BX is, after all, a SCUT.

SDT

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Having a perfect BX is like having a perfect Harley, never gona happen, there are to many things to play with, to many toys to add,,and i have never seen a honda tatoo

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas

That explains their use of a 5-cyl engine in the M series also.

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
A 6 cylinder is not perfectly balanced. It is in the first order but that's it. There is a whole engineering subject on that topic which I won't get into.

A 3 cyl is MUCH cheaper to manufacture, and it runs fine for their intended purpose. Intended purpose is small equipment that employs some compromises for the end result of lower cost, shorter hood line, MUCH better visibility, quiet operation, and acceptable power output to name a few.

I used to have a hobby 4440 JD, 6 cyl, you couldn't see anything that was closer than 20' in front of the hood. No loader, just tractor. A lot of the old Deere's were 6 cylinder. Yeah they were smooth running but you gave up a lot. That's one reason Kubota's M7's were just 4 cylinder engines. The M8 is a 6 and obviously quite a bit larger physically.

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
A 6 cylinder is not perfectly balanced. It is in the first order but that's it. There is a whole engineering subject on that topic which I won't get into.

A 3 cyl is MUCH cheaper to manufacture, and it runs fine for their intended purpose. Intended purpose is small equipment that employs some compromises for the end result of lower cost, shorter hood line, MUCH better visibility, quiet operation, and acceptable power output to name a few.

I used to have a hobby 4440 JD, 6 cyl, you couldn't see anything that was closer than 20' in front of the hood. No loader, just tractor. A lot of the old Deere's were 6 cylinder. Yeah they were smooth running but you gave up a lot. That's one reason Kubota's M7's were just 4 cylinder engines. The M8 is a 6 and obviously quite a bit larger physically.
The M8 is a 6.7L Cummins inline 6. Cool.