Brush Guard Ideas

dlsmith

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2230, LA211
Nov 15, 2018
Goshen, IN
After a little pause to work on other things, like #%&@#!** airbags on trailers and trailer light wiring that only develops shorts in hidden places in frigid, finger numbing temperatures, I finally got back to wi=ork on the brush guard.
Getting the posts at rhe bottom parallel and flat in regards to the rest of the guard took a while. Even after I thought I had everything aligned, and welded the legs in short beads so as to not make them shrink and move out of alignment didn't work on one leg. So, I finished welding them up and then heated up the one bend and bent it about 1/4" to get it parallel with everthing else.
I welded in the cross bars and then spent a while dressing the welds with a grinder to make them look a little better.
Then I started on the mount that bolts to the front of the tractor, tacking the spacer bars to the receiver tubes and got them aligned perpendicular to the tubes and parallel to the long axis. I jigged them up on the mounting plate and tacked them in place, then welded everything up. One side deflected about an 1/8" inward, but was able to heat it up and tap it back into place.
Now I need to take a fine grit flappy disk on an angle grinder and buzz off the mill scale on the pipe, then make the mesh pieces for the upper and lower openings, and make the plate that I'm going to have the Kubota logo laser cut into. One I get those donn, and get those welded in place, I'll get the whole thing sandblasted and paint it.

Once I get that done, I'll post some more pictures.

Attachments