Time for the big tuneup!

BlownL67

Apr 25, 2009
West Springfield, Ma.
I made a trip to my Kubota dealership (Leahy Equipment) down the road. I was a little worried because I had no idea if they had a massive markup on their prices or not. Much to my surprise, the prices were cheaper over the counter than they would be online! The people were very nice and created an account for me with my info to make future parts ordering easier. I'm not going crazy on the tractor, but I wanted to get everything I need for a healthy tuneup.

Here is my list:

Kubota 1 gallon 10w30 oil
Kubota Super UDT 5 gallons
Hydaulic filter
Oil Filter
Fuel Filter
Air Filter
Thermostat (+gasket)

My next small hurdle is the rubber hydraulic lines for the FEL. My friend removed the leaking lines and had a local place fab up replacement lines for $30/ea which isn't horrible. Much to my surprise though, the Kubota replacement lines are about $16/ea, so I think I will go that route and just order those up instead. Thats about all I got for now, but if anyone has any tips or addional items to inspect or replace, please feel free to chime in!

Thanks for reading! - Mark

Michael

Equipment
Zen Noh ZL1801 Sadly I sold it and a T1400 lawn tractor
Mar 11, 2009
Sedro Woolley, Washington USA
Since you are getting a new thermostat I suggest that a quick trip to whoever has antifreeze and you should flush the system. I also would suggest that you really inspect all of the hoses as they might be (probably have a good dose of dry rot) needing replacement.

BlownL67

Apr 25, 2009
West Springfield, Ma.
Thanks man, I left those details out by mistake. Basically, anything of question will be getting replaced along with all of the fluids in the tractor. I'm all about preventative maintenance with this baby!

BlownL67

Apr 25, 2009
West Springfield, Ma.
Well, I ordered all new hoses for my 1630 bucket and also ordered up some new radiator hoses too. I figure they are original and 20yrs old so a few extra won't hurt. I guess I am pretty lucky that both local Kubota dealerships charge same price as I'd find on the internet and there is no cost on shipping!

- Mark