Go Back   OrangeTractorTalks - Everything Kubota > Kubota Talk > Implements & Attachments

Implements & Attachments Find everything related to operating, servicing and maintaining that loader, mower, blade, snow blower, tiller, hitch or scraper, right here.

Old 02-21-2020   #21
BigG
3rd Yr. Apprentice

Equipment: l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Default Re: Quick Hitch ?

What about Pat's quick hitch? If your implements are not already quick hitch ready.
BigG is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links  
Advertisement
Old 02-22-2020   #22
schmellba99
1st Yr. Apprentice

Equipment: B2410

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD GAR View Post
My problem with the one from Harbor Freight was it would fit one or two implements but was too narrow for some others. It is laying in the weeds somewhere.
Mine has fit every single implement without any major issues, save for the box blade that was never designed to be used with a QG to begin with. On that, I had to mill the top hook of the QH down about 1/16" thinner to allow it to fit in the gap on the top pin of my box blade.
schmellba99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020   #23
dlundblad
3rd Yr. Apprentice

Equipment: 3 G5200s, G6200, (w/ RC44/48-Gs, G2505, G2000) L2501 (w/ RB1572, FDR1672)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoHorn View Post
I have a Quick Hitch. It sits in the corner of shop where it***8217;s out of the way because I got tired of tripping over it.

QH***8217;s at first seemed like they***8217;d be Quite Handy. But the problem is they actually don***8217;t fit a many attachments as one might suppose.

In my case, I first wanted to switch between a shredder and a box blade. I thought this would be easy. But the problem was the shredder needed a different length top-link than the box blade and the box blade top-link requires frequent adjustments anyway, as well as the lift arms in order to accomodate ***8220;crown***8221; or ***8220;slant***8221; on the road or whatever surface is being bladed. Gotta get on/off/on/off many times anyway so the QH didn***8217;t save any time and wasn***8217;t convenient due to the lift-arm width-settings were different between the two implements.

Then, I bought a Finish Mower. And a Post Hole Digger. The PHD Will NOT WORK AT ALL Because the QH won***8217;t hold the implement steady and the PHD flops around everywhere. The Finish Mower and shredder both require a loose/long top link to accommodate uneven ground or the support arms will bend on both mowers. The QH will not adapt to that.

For a QH to work as intended and in order to remain convenient you must have near-identical 3-point implements that do NOT need any flexible movement. Before wasting money on it, be certain your implements are QH compatible (and most likely will need to be the same mfr***8217;r.)
I believe it.

For a LP branded QH, you need LP QH ready implements for it to be 100% effective.
dlundblad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020   #24
dlundblad
3rd Yr. Apprentice

Equipment: 3 G5200s, G6200, (w/ RC44/48-Gs, G2505, G2000) L2501 (w/ RB1572, FDR1672)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigG View Post
What about Pat's quick hitch? If your implements are not already quick hitch ready.
I have seen where you need a new top link with them since they bring the bottom links out so far.
dlundblad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020   #25
RCW

Master Tech

Equipment: BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU

If the top link adjustment is the sole reason for not using a QH, I found the Kubota BX top link to be garbage, and it went out with other scrap metal years ago.

For $25, I bought one that's much more user-friendly TL at a Farm store.
RCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020   #26
bcp
4th Yr. Apprentice

Equipment: BX2360

Any brand QH, if built to ASAE specs, will fit any same-category implement built to ASAE specs. No need to match brands.

Bruce
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	_ASAEquickHitchImplementDim.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	97.2 KB
ID:	47317   Click image for larger version

Name:	_ASAEquickHitchDimensions.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	70.2 KB
ID:	47318  
bcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020   #27
i7win7
1st Yr. Apprentice

Equipment: root grapel, tree puller, trailer mover, 3 point hoist, mower, tiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD GAR View Post
My problem with the one from Harbor Freight was it would fit one or two implements but was too narrow for some others. It is laying in the weeds somewhere.
My 3 point QH was too narrow for my 3 point Land Pride blade. After using 2 hydraulic jacks butted together to spread the lower QH hooks 3/8" further apart, I can use my QH on all my stuff
i7win7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020   #28
BigG
3rd Yr. Apprentice

Equipment: l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcp View Post
Any brand QH, if built to ASAE specs, will fit any same-category implement built to ASAE specs. No need to match brands.

Bruce
The problems arise when trying to attach older equipment or equipment that does not meet the specs. And not all new equipment adhere to the specs tightly enough to make them interchangeable. You need to "try on" each and every piece just to make sure it will fit.
BigG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #29
Magicman

4th Yr. Apprentice

Equipment: M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL Ford F250

I have used a Speeco Cat2 for over 20 years but I have recently retired it and now rely on Pat's.