quick hitch and mid pto for snowblower

TrevorM

Equipment
bx25
Feb 20, 2020
sydney ns canada
ok guys. brand new here so bare with me please. I apologize if this has already been asked but I couldn't find it.
im looking at purchasing a bx2750d snowblower for my bx25d. the guy im buying it from has a b2320. the quick hitch that comes with it is b2733a and the mid pto kit is bx2735.
it is my understanding that my bx25 takes quick hitch bx2751 and pto kit 2753. is there anyone that has modified or anyway to make modifications in order for it to fit my machine? either the quick hitch or pto kit or both. I wouldn't bother but im just getting too good of a deal to at least look at it. thanks.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Trevor - welcome to OTT.

I looked up the B2733a QH, and it's listed fitting several B-series, no BX. Hard to tell from the parts diagram if it could be made to fit, but it looks like it's a much different mounting set-up.

I'd suggest you look at a parts diagram of both QH's. Try Kubota Canada - if it works like the US one, enter your QH model and you should see info, model compatibility, etc.

https://kubota.ca/en/parts-services/parts-catalogue

As far as the mid-PTO, I believe the only difference is length of the shaft, and the shaft is easily removable. One is ~11", and the other is 16", or so.

TrevorM

Equipment
bx25
Feb 20, 2020
sydney ns canada
Hey. Thanks for the welcome and the info. I did talk to Kubota and looked at the diagrams. A guy there told me that the B series is longer QH and has a bolt in the back. That was the only difference that he knew. He said it could probably be modified to fit and I was really hoping someone here had already done that.
When you say the Pto shaft is easily removable, do mean, remove and cut to size or order the proper shaft to fit. They told me it was over $800 for that part, I near died. Thanks for the help.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
I'd honestly be guessing as far as making the QH fit. Don't recall anyone doing it, but not to say someone hasn't done it.

The shaft is probably a change-out due to RPM (2-2,500 RPM), length, etc. not sure you'd get good results trying to shorten it.

That said, not sure the difference between the two, so I may be off - maybe it's diameter?

Here is a thread from a while ago, has some pictures of the mid-PTO and a BX2751 QH.

https://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43759&highlight=shaft

Last edited:

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Sorry I haven’t been more helpful with the B-BX QH conversion, but again I don’t recall anyone doing it. For the $$, I’d be investigating too!

Just for shits & giggles, try finding operator and/or workshop manual (WSM) for both QH’s and mid-PTO’s at:

www.kubotabooks.com

Hell, look up manuals for the BX2750D also...

Maybe one will give you a clue as to difference of the mounting for the two QH’s, as well as difference of the two shafts.

Trust me, trying to help![emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

200mph

Equipment
L4740-3 Cab, FEL, Fnt Snow Blower L2185, LP Finish Mower, LP Rotary Mower
Mar 3, 2017
PA
I've found the illustrated parts list on Kubota.com to be helpful in finding the individual part numbers for the fixed length shaft and then using multiple searches to find desired info. With some persistence it's possible to find the details, but it does take some effort.
Follow this link for Kubota Illustrated: https://apps.kubotausa.com/illustrated-parts/

Most of the fixed length shafts are in the $200-$250 range:
Example: Part Number 70060-02338 $148.42

The following link may help to understand/demonstrate what is available in the illustrated parts list. https://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/kubota-owning-operating/371239-barter-kubota-mid-pto-kit-post4884825.html#post4884825

Take a look at post #5. I posted screenshots of the illustrated list. You might find the entire thread interesting as it is very similar to what you're trying to do.

Another helpful hint when searching the model is to use the wildcard option versus "starts with".

I've shortened a fixed length shaft and used it without issue for 8 years on my L3130 and 6' snowblower. Never noticed additional wobble, vibration, leaks or experience any other ill effects.

Good luck.

Last edited: