L6060 will not start

WVUFAN

Oct 19, 2019
Charleston, WV, USA
Hello, long time lurker, first time poster. I have a brand new L6060 with cab with 3 hours on it. It was delivered this past Friday and driven around the “farm” then put to bed in the garage. Plugged in the engine block heater before lights out. Next morning went to start ”her” up and nothing, zero, zilch! The welcome screen comes up and shows error code 20 and CAN(engine) NG. I have been in talks with my dealer Barlow Equipment and per their suggestions tried charging the battery, running a new ground wire from the upgraded alternator to the frame and checking fuses in the cab. I have the service manual which I have been reading this past weekend, along with multiple forum searches. This is my third Kubota and I’m proud to say they have served me well in the past. Sorry for the long winded post.

200mph

Equipment
L4740-3 Cab, FEL, Fnt Snow Blower L2185, LP Finish Mower, LP Rotary Mower
Mar 3, 2017
PA
Let the dealer fix it. That is why you have a warranty.

If you know the computer code being displayed, why not follow the diagnostic suggestion offered in the WSM?

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Exactly and exactly. Dealer issue 100%. have them come out and diagnose and fix it or have them haul it back to their shop and fix it.

Be apprised however, fooling with a new machine like that yourself could spell issues for you with the dealer or Kubota. it's their baby, not yours (until the warranty runs out that is).

Then it's all about you....

jakemaxwell806

Sep 27, 2018
US
Exactly and exactly. Dealer issue 100%. have them come out and diagnose and fix it or have them haul it back to their shop and fix it.

Be apprised however, fooling with a new machine like that yourself could spell issues for you with the dealer or Kubota. it's their baby, not yours (until the warranty runs out that is).

Then it's all about you....
Yes I agree let them fix it [emoji817][emoji817][emoji817] their problem that's what's warranty is for

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

bernhardine

Equipment
M4072 (M4D-071), B7000
Jan 14, 2019
Germany
... error code 20 and CAN(engine) NG
That's a signal problem of the rear PTO shaft switch.
If the wiring harness isn't connected or loose, the starter won't even crank. Same with the little switch on the left rear Fender, if there is one.

It also can be a defective switch. Sometimes those switches are a bit tricky, when there are new. Maybe switching it on and off several times might help.

The switch can be poped out relatively easy to have look at the harness and the connector at its end.

But, as everyone before said, it's not you job! call for the dealer.

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
That is absolutely poor dealer service to tell you to start running new wires on a 3 hour old tractor. They should not be telling you to do anything like that, instead they should be coming to fix it under warranty.

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
There is a bulletin on can errors. They should review it. I have a suspicion but if you would let us know what the solution is; and then I'll know if my suspicion is/was correct.