Lift Disc configuration question

SolbergDave

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX5800HST w/LA1065 FEL, Bobcat forks, QH10, RB3784, BB3584, RTA1274
Jul 12, 2018
PHILLIPS, WI
So planning on picking up a new disc this spring. (Keeping the tiller) And I have a Land Pride dealer close by and got a quote, and my local implement guy has Rhino's. Anyways when I was talking to the Rhino guy he recommended a 9" spacing, the reasoning being more weight per disc, and less rocks pulled up. I was thinking 7-1/2" for more tillage/contact. If I need more weight I could put weight on the implement. (I have customer lasered weights) Any comments? FYI I am planning on notched front and back. Also is there a weight limitation I should worry about? I have a 60hp MX5800. The Landpride guy is steering me to the 15 series, I was thinking about the 25, but he told me I'd go backwards with my tractor. If I get a 90" either way the only difference is weight, and its not that much, maybe its what he stocks? In reality for my limited use the 15 is probably a better $/performance. I just don't want to spend the money and not have the best results.

SolbergDave

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX5800HST w/LA1065 FEL, Bobcat forks, QH10, RB3784, BB3584, RTA1274
Jul 12, 2018
PHILLIPS, WI
To many food plots in the woods, to much trailer time. I think a pull performs better, but considering all the factors I need a 3 point.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
So planning on picking up a new disc this spring. (Keeping the tiller) And I have a Land Pride dealer close by and got a quote, and my local implement guy has Rhino's. Anyways when I was talking to the Rhino guy he recommended a 9" spacing, the reasoning being more weight per disc, and less rocks pulled up. I was thinking 7-1/2" for more tillage/contact. If I need more weight I could put weight on the implement. (I have customer lasered weights) Any comments? FYI I am planning on notched front and back. Also is there a weight limitation I should worry about? I have a 60hp MX5800. The Landpride guy is steering me to the 15 series, I was thinking about the 25, but he told me I'd go backwards with my tractor. If I get a 90" either way the only difference is weight, and its not that much, maybe its what he stocks? In reality for my limited use the 15 is probably a better $/performance. I just don't want to spend the money and not have the best results.
I would consider the total weight of the disc carefully.

Is your tractor ballasted? Front weights? Draft control?

Do you plan to disc plowed ground?

With a 50 PTO HP HST, you will likely have about 35 HP to the drawbar, and with R-4 tires you could well be both HP and traction limited in some conditions.

SDT

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
You're going to need to keep your overall weight in the 2000 lb range for an implement of that size. ;)