Kubota L240 Stater

jbnlyn

Equipment
Kubota L240
Oct 6, 2009
Curtis, Wa
Hello, I'm new to the site, first post.
I'm having trouble locating a starter for my L240 tractor. There isn't any info on the starter and I don't know what the US equivalent crossover model is for the L240, or what other models are the same. Any help would certainly be appreciated.

Thanks, jbnlyn

Ob1kubota

Equipment
M9540DT
Jul 26, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Welcome jb to the forum. I was hoping someone had the specific P/N but as aging as this post goes, I will try to at least give you a positive direction to pursue. Without a WSM ( Work Shop Manual ) available you will have to do it the old fashioned way by removing the started from the clutch housing to measure the number of starter teeth and the size of the reduction gear that matches the flywheel. The starter housing mount (bolt) pattern must be matched along with the cranking direction for a replacement. ;)

As old as this model is, ( circa 1977 ) I would remove the starter and take it to a rewinding shop and let experts rebuild your original starter. With a new solenoid, bushings and new reduction gear, ( assuming the stator & rotor are in good shape and not locked rotor) your starter will be better than new because it has been heat treated over the years to the existing housings which have worn together like a team during start up. :)

hrtz82

Equipment
Kubota l240
Jan 4, 2020
North East Pa 16428
im am not sure if you still have your l240. but the starter for mine recently quit on so the search began for a new used of even jusy parts to rebuild it. i took it to my local battery and starter shop and they could not find any parts for and the new 1 they had found was $500 so i took it to another local shop because i didnt want a new i wanted it rebuilt and i had found an aftermarket 1 for 230 on rare electrics.com. ended up the othsr shop just cleaned the clutch dust out of mine and now it works