Starting Problems

olekid

Equipment
B7510,loader, Curtis heated cab, loaded tires snowblower,grader blade,snow plow
Apr 9, 2013
Mount Uniacke, Nova Scotia
Greetings Folks, I have a 2008 B7510, bought new in 2008, original battery. Off and on in the last couple of days she won't start when you turn the key, when you turn the key there is a click then the 3 lights on the dash light up, but when you continue turning the key to start there is nothing, just silence. A minute or so later try it again and it starts. But now it will not start at all. I tried by passing the seat switch, the pto switch, but did not matter. Any ideas?

Jim L.

Jun 18, 2014
Texas
bought new in 2008, original battery
It's been a good battery to last this long. You could take it in to have it load tested, but frankly it's time for a new one, regardless.

Roadworthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 HST
Aug 17, 2019
Benton City, WA
At eleven years old you have received unbelievable service from that battery!! You could try disconnecting it and cleaning the terminals - they may just be dirty, but before winter you'll probably be seeking a replacement. I agree Jim, get it load tested.

67Truckin

Equipment
BX1800D
May 25, 2016
Pleasant Plains
I'm having the same problem with my BX1800 and it has a good battery. I have lights and the fuel shut-off solenoid is clicking but the starter will not do anything. Is there something else causing the problem or is it a bad starter? Where is a good place to get a starter if that is the problem?

eserv

Equipment
BX24, A1000 Kubota Generator
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
I'm having the same problem with my BX1800 and it has a good battery. I have lights and the fuel shut-off solenoid is clicking but the starter will not do anything. Is there something else causing the problem or is it a bad starter? Where is a good place to get a starter if that is the problem?
Most likely the PTO lever switch on a BX. Try holding the PTO lever back.

67Truckin

Equipment
BX1800D
May 25, 2016
Pleasant Plains
Most likely the PTO lever switch on a BX. Try holding the PTO lever back.
Yep. Put my fluke meter on it and the ohms were OL on the two wires. Plugged it back on and the tractor started. So I either have a dirty plug connections or the switch is going bad.

Mondo

Equipment
L355ss, back blade, bush hog
Apr 17, 2017
NYS
I had the same problem on my L355ss. After I had the glow plugs heated I would turn the switch to start and nothing happened. I would turn the starter switch quickly back and forth a few times and it would start. It was the switch on the way out.