Ye old L3600 saves the day....

cook96cbra

Equipment
L3600
Jan 29, 2016
Haslett, MI
A few days ago mid Michigan was slammed with 18-22" of snow. I was trying to clear out the driveway of the house we just bought because I had a delivery coming. It was wet and slippery under all that snow. I went to back up to reposition my little snow plow rig (a 99 Durango) and I couldn't stop, I just slid down the hill and into the deep snow. That was it, no matter what I did the "green blob" was done. So, out comes the tractor. I got stuck three times trying to get from the barn to the driveway but I made it. After a few tries at different angles plus fighting the wet icy driveway and using the bucket to help me move around I was able to jerk the blob out far enough to get it moving. I finished the drive, did the road out to the main road and even helped an ambulance get to a call down past my house. The 'bota really did save the day, in more ways than one....

Attachments

aeronutt

Equipment
Z725 Mower, MX5200 w/FEL, Stihl 660, assorted others...
Jan 7, 2016
Omaha NE
Not to spoil the fun bragging about your tractor, but chains on the Durango would have been even better and a good bit cheaper.

cook96cbra

Equipment
L3600
Jan 29, 2016
Haslett, MI
Not to spoil the fun bragging about your tractor, but chains on the Durango would have been even better and a good bit cheaper.
True but impractical. Can't use them on the roads here in Michigan, they're illegal... The Durango is my winter ride / beater.

I don't need the Superduty (usually) so it sits in the winter, it's never been in the salt. It's an 03 and has 0 rust. I'll use it if I really need it but I wait until the roads are clear and dry...

Attachments

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
Theres something wrong with that superduty, is must have missed the rust additive in the factory. Should send it back for warranty.

Nice to see someone that can keep a truck in such good shape. Its rare up here. You would be disgusted to see the 2010 sitting on my hoist-its rough and ugly.
Think the last time it was washed was the day the dealer detailed it for delivery.

Mild weather and snow makes it challenging at best to drive, not to mention plowing or getting stuck. Any day now it should start leaving, green will replace white.
Cant wait.

cook96cbra

Equipment
L3600
Jan 29, 2016
Haslett, MI
Theres something wrong with that superduty, is must have missed the rust additive in the factory. Should send it back for warranty.

Nice to see someone that can keep a truck in such good shape. Its rare up here. You would be disgusted to see the 2010 sitting on my hoist-its rough and ugly.
Think the last time it was washed was the day the dealer detailed it for delivery.

Mild weather and snow makes it challenging at best to drive, not to mention plowing or getting stuck. Any day now it should start leaving, green will replace white.
Cant wait.
LOL! Yeah, it missed it's mandatory rust additive. I hope to never buy another one so I want to keep her in nice shape. I had a 93 that was so bad I called it "corn flake". I buy all my vehicles down south now. My Durango is from Texas too...
Looking forward to the green!

Here's some more pics of my truck. I took these last summer when I had a moment of stupidity and thought about selling it.

Attachments

aeronutt

Equipment
Z725 Mower, MX5200 w/FEL, Stihl 660, assorted others...
Jan 7, 2016
Omaha NE
Not sure about your state, but in some states, tire cables are legal where chains are not. They also make plastic "chains" that should be legal anywhere since they cannot cause damage to the roads. They may outlaw chains on public roads, but nobody can tell you not to use them on your driveway.

Regardless of legality, I wouldn't hesitate a minute to put chains on for a few hundred feet to plow out to the main roads and then take them off if it meant the difference of getting out or not. However, I almost never need chains because I run a full set of dedicated Blizak winter tires. Those things are amazing in icy conditions. I do commercial snow removal with my truck so I get to deduct them on my taxes too. :)

tcrote5516

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, 50" Front Blower, Heated Cab, 6' blade, 3pt carry all, 3pt hitch
Sep 2, 2014
Southern New Hampshire
Man thats a clean superduty!!! Since we are sharing ol' Fords that have been hidden from the snow and salt, here's my 2000 F150 here in salty NH where she sits out winter in the garage.

Last edited: