Rear ballast for bx

ipz2222

Equipment
L235, bx2670
May 30, 2009
chickamauga ga usa
Most of the ballast systems I've seen are too large for the bx. It is very low to the ground. This is a gas water heater. I cut one end off, then removed the correct amount to give me the right spaceing for the quick hitch. Welded the end back on, welded a bar thru the center, added the correct sleeves to fit the quick hitch and added the top bar. The water fill holes are where I added 80 lbs of sand and then about 10 gallons of antifreeze and water. I'm guessing the whole thing weighs around 200 lbs. I used to keep the box blade on the back but I was always hitting something with it when I turned.

Attachments

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
that's pretty cool you could almost use it for a roller too

Rodeo hunter

Equipment
l4400hst with loader,
Apr 2, 2014
Indiana
Most of the ballast systems I've seen are too large for the bx. It is very low to the ground. This is a gas water heater. I cut one end off, then removed the correct amount to give me the right spaceing for the quick hitch. Welded the end back on, welded a bar thru the center, added the correct sleeves to fit the quick hitch and added the top bar. The water fill holes are where I added 80 lbs of sand and then about 10 gallons of antifreeze and water. I'm guessing the whole thing weighs around 200 lbs. I used to keep the box blade on the back but I was always hitting something with it when I turned.
Very nice job. If I hadn't used my old water to build a still I'd be trying to build one of these.

ipz2222

Equipment
L235, bx2670
May 30, 2009
chickamauga ga usa
I do have another gas water heater that I've made into a roller and , yes, I do have the rear wheels loaded with 50% rv antifreeze up to the valve stems. With all that ballast weight, I was able to drive down the hill, load the bucket and back up the hill without tipping forward. Would not even have tried it before.

gpreuss

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200DT w/FEL, K650 Backhoe, 5' Rotary, 40" Howard Rotavator, 6' Rhino blade
Oct 9, 2011
Spokane, WA
Nice job! I have a 5' heater that I've been wanting to make a law roller from. Soon.