Wife and snake

ipz2222

Equipment
L235, bx2670
May 30, 2009
chickamauga ga usa
Was mowing behind the shop today and heard a loud noise, thought I had slung a hickory nut against the building. Finished mowing and pulled around front. Imagine my suprise to see my wife walking around the pond with her 22 rugger mark 2. Said she had shot a snake!!! Wheee, Don't mess with Peggy!!! Got her a rugger 10-22 rifle for her anniversiary, she can't wait to get a scope on it and start busting targets.

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Two thumbs up!
Just out of curiosity, what kind of snakes do you have in your area?

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Gawd that reminded me of my Ex. I was out mowing and came to the house and I heard a scream over the tractor and ran into the house only to be confronted by a woman with her 1100, headed my way,, I didn't know what I did but I told her I was sorry and would never do it again!!! I got a look like WTH are you talking about and up the attic ladder she goes with me in close pursuit, Seems a bat got in scared her and she was gona kill the little *(*&^&$&^&^%#@@@!, ,,,, well I did talk her out of shooting at it,, I really had no desire to be fixing holes in the roof from shotgun blasts

TripleR

Equipment
BX2200, BX2660, L5740 HSTC, M8540HDC and some other tractors and equipment
Sep 16, 2011
SE Missouri
Agreed, a real keeper. Several years ago our dog was barking like crazy in the back yard. My wife went out to investigate and there was a rattle snake. She walked into the house, picked up a Sig 220 in .45 and that was the end of that snake; tasted pretty good too.

We leave no poisonous snakes alone and don't bother rattle snakes up in the woods, but we have grand kids playing in our yard, so any venturing there is dispatched.

Wife owns several guns and deer hunts.

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
I have to relate my favorite rattlesnake story. Years ago we played paintball on a mountain field in central Arizona, and occasionally we would find a rattlesnake on the field.... play was then halted, the snake caught with a snake stick, placed in an ice chest, and later released miles away. One weekend we were playing a team with two young, gorgeous girls, and one know-it-all 50+ guy who wanted to impress the babes. A snake was found- a really pissed, hungry, fresh from hibernation, (lots o' venom stored up) Western Timber rattler. The know-it-all knothead sees his chance to impress the ladies & announces he will catch the snake with his bare hands. No amount of warnings, threats, or common sense would deter him, so everybody stepped back to watch the inevitable. He explains that he will grab him with his right after faking him out with his left. He kneels in front of the snake, wiggles his left hand, and in approximately .02 microseconds is bitten on the left hand between thumb & first finger. The snake held on a long time while this guy thrashed around, and he was barely conscious by the time he hit the ground. We carried him back to camp, and put him in a truck for the 1 hour plus drive to the hospital. He stopped breathing & needed CPR on the way, and spent 9 days in the hospital, nearly losing his hand & his life because he was stupid.
Needless to say, the girls were impressed. NOT!

ipz2222

Equipment
L235, bx2670
May 30, 2009
chickamauga ga usa
The poisionus ones are rattler and copperhead. Many non poisionus. This was a water snake, not poisionus but the wife has japanese Koi in the pond and they have names. NO SNAKES allowed!!!
I had a tree stump left over from a blown down tree, the ground was pulled up on one side. It had been there several years and I decided to burn it. I poured mineral spirits all over it and some run down into the holes around it. Biggest copperhead I've ever seen came out of one of the holes. And no,,, I did not try to pick him up!!! But he didn't live long..