Go Back   OrangeTractorTalks - Everything Kubota > Kubota Talk > Service, Repair & Maintenance

Service, Repair & Maintenance Offer your Kubota service advice, repair procedures or maintenance tips. Have a service related question? Post here.

Old 04-11-2019   #1
tater pop
1st Yr. Apprentice

Default Mx5100 clutch adjustment ?

My mx5100 has a wet clutch,I think .I have used it quite a lot cleaning up a bunch of old fence row and around a old growed up barn the clutch seems to be working OK but the free travel is a little long again I say I think. When I start letting up on the clutch it starts to move at about 1/2 a peddle. How do I adjust the clutch or do I need to adjust it at all? How much free travel should I have?
tater pop is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links  
Advertisement
Old 04-11-2019   #2
SidecarFlip

Master Tech

Equipment: M9000HDCC3 / M105X / M9000HD
Default Re: Mx5100 clutch adjustment ?

If your MX is a hydraulic shuttle you have a wet clutch (pack) if it's a mechanical shuttle, you don't (dry clutch). Both my M's are hydraulic shuttle and I've never touched the pedal adjustment in 12 years+ of farming.

I very rarely use the clutch pedal except when starting from a stop or changing main gears. The shuttle lever is about all I ever use and in my case it's all hydraulic actuation via a proportioning valve. Same applies to my clutch pedal. the 'linkage; is all hydraulic, no mechanical. That is the main reason I purchased both with hydraulic shuttles, nothing to wear prematurely. What I do entails directional changes and lots of stop and start cycles. I'd eat up a clutch in no time because my start stop cycles involve round baling and I'm holding the baler at rated pto rpm whether I'm moving or not.

Last edited by SidecarFlip; 04-11-2019 at 05:38 PM.
SidecarFlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019   #3
North Idaho Wolfman

VIP Service Tech

Equipment: L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more

Quote:
Originally Posted by tater pop View Post
My mx5100 has a wet clutch,I think .I have used it quite a lot cleaning up a bunch of old fence row and around a old growed up barn the clutch seems to be working OK but the free travel is a little long again I say I think. When I start letting up on the clutch it starts to move at about 1/2 a peddle. How do I adjust the clutch or do I need to adjust it at all? How much free travel should I have?
Negative, you have a dry disk clutch.

Get the WSM, if you don't have it already, for the proper clutch adjustment procedure.

You can get it here:
https://www.manualslib.com/manual/12...ta-Mx5100.html
Old 04-12-2019   #4
Oldman

Equipment: MX5100DT/LA844

Here is what my WSM says. Hope this helps you out good Sir.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Specs.pdf (44.1 KB, 23 views)
File Type: pdf Clutch.pdf (21.6 KB, 36 views)
Oldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019   #5
tater pop
1st Yr. Apprentice

Thanks everyone I've been away on a trip. Thanks
tater pop is offline   Reply With Quote