Extra hydraulics on B7001?

MarkS

Equipment
B7001, Rotovator, Big Bee Topper
Aug 30, 2009
UK
Hello everyone. I have had a good look at this site and found out some facinating stuff to help me along, I have recently bought a grey import B7001 from a UK importer. I have no concerns about this and it runs perfectly keeping 4 acres in good condition and rotovating large veg patches and a polytunnel.

I want to run a log splitter from the hydraulics and there are several available here in the UK that will function on the limited horse power my B7001 produces. My problem is that all the logsplitters I have seen need two hydraulic lines (one feed line and one return). What is the simplest way to give me an extra rear hydraulic feed and return? where can I take the extended connections from and do I need any extra valves etc. I'll post some pics up when I get round to it, but any help/ advice wil be gratefully received. There are very few dealers/ options to get this done in the UK but I am quite handy when it comes to doing it myself, but I have no previous hydraulic experience. many thanks for any replies. Mark S:)

TopGear

Mar 21, 2009
Australia
Hi

To get external hydraulic power you have two options connect to the hydraulic offtake between your legs which has a valve that will stop your three point hitch working and operate the external circuit. However this will only give you a single acting ram. See some of the links below
http://www.mytractorforum.com/showthread.php?t=13142&highlight=B6000+manual
which will tell you more about this option. The other open is to cut into you pressure line and use an open centered control which will give you your dual acting cylinder ports. To do this see some the post below which will give you an idea of how to do this.
http://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=136

Hope this sheds some light. I have just added a loader control valve to my B6000 and it works a treat. i also plan on trying to build a log splitter which will simply tap into this controller valve also. Keep an eye on the thread above as I will post more pictures soon of the finished product including how I tapped into the pressure line to add the loader controller valve.

Cheers John

stuart

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B7001 with loader & tiller, 3 point hitch and 4' rear blade
Aug 9, 2009
Aldergrove, BC, Canada
You did not mention if you have a loader on your unit. On mine, the loader is operated by a (kubota) hydraulic pump which is attached to and driven by the fuel injector assembly. If you have the pump, or buy one, there should be no problem putting lines and quick connectors on for your attachments.

I find the flow rate a bit slow for my loader, but your results would depend on the specific pistons you use. There are a number of pics in my gallery.

MarkS

Equipment
B7001, Rotovator, Big Bee Topper
Aug 30, 2009
UK
many thanks, I'll have alook at these links and let you know how I get on, I do not have a loader and presently the three point hitch is the only hydraulic unit my B7001 has, hence the need for extras. Mark