Fan

FrozenInTime

Equipment
BX2370
Mar 25, 2015
ND
While pushing up some brush the other day, had a small limb escape notice and rammed up into a little white fan the other day. Does not look like a big fan, but sits in front of the transmission (?). Looked to have 6 (?) small white blades on it. Broke every blade. What does this fan do, how easy/expensive is it to replace?

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
Search this site for bx hst cooling fan replacement. Its the fan the cools the hst.

beex

May 21, 2019
on my bx
the fan cools the transmission, you need it, costs not much, big PITA to install it. if you search threads on here, there are various techniques described for changing it out with various degrees of labor and skill level required.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

rlcotter

Equipment
BX23S Cab;3pt Blade;HLA Snow Pusher;BX Armour;HLA Fork;Ratchet Rake, Snow Edge
Mar 24, 2016
Ontario, Canada
Good morning Frozenintime,

This is a unfortunately common mishap. Once you have this replaced, you should consider under armor protection that is readily available. The fan is wide open under there, with minimal protection. As mentioned above, plenty on the site regarding this situation.

Good luck with your repairs and consider a small investment for under armor to avoid future issues.

Les.

Tornado

May 7, 2019
usa
Lots of videos Ive seen on youtube regarding this fan as well. Seems its very common. Honestly Kubota should address it on those tractors with some design improvements. A little plastic fan like this, easily to destroy and then a real pain to replace.

beex

May 21, 2019
on my bx
Lots of videos Ive seen on youtube regarding this fan as well. Seems its very common. Honestly Kubota should address it on those tractors with some design improvements. A little plastic fan like this, easily to destroy and then a real pain to replace.

Yes, the design change i would want is make it easy to replace, about a 5 min job. If that were the case I wouldn’t care if it got broken once in a while, it doesn’t cost much.

I think the location needs to stay where it is, making less vulnerable means adding an OEM skid plate, not everyone need it. Or adding a oil radiator and moving to under hood, that adds cost.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Like others have said it's the HST cooling fan, and just because it's cool or cold outside doesn't mean you can go without fixing it, you will do damage to the HST ($7.5K) part for not replacing a $5.24 fan. ;)

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Reminds me to check mine....didn't when I hooked up blower PTO. Usually check it 2-3 times a year.

Do keep BxPanded Under-armor on when not using mid-PTO.

FrozenInTime

Equipment
BX2370
Mar 25, 2015
ND
Thanks for the replies. I did the you-tube thang and it looks easy enough to do. BxPanded Under-armor will be ordered shortly. Do I have to go to Kubota dealer to order this fan and boot or is there a better place to get it?

beex

May 21, 2019
on my bx
Thanks for the replies. I did the you-tube thang and it looks easy enough to do. BxPanded Under-armor will be ordered shortly. Do I have to go to Kubota dealer to order this fan and boot or is there a better place to get it?

Which replacement method did you pick?

Cut an ugly hole in the floor fix from above, then half ass patch the hole.
or
Disassemble the rear CV joint from below and smash your knuckles in tight places while laying on your back for a couple hours.
or
Spend a whole day and remove a 100 things to get the floor pan off and unmount the engine and fix from above.

I like spend the whole day one the best. Don’t want to cut ugly hole, don’t want to get frustrated with fiddling with CV balls in tight places. And might as well put new CV boots on while you’re there.

FrozenInTime

Equipment
BX2370
Mar 25, 2015
ND
Which replacement method did you pick?
Disassemble the rear CV joint from below and smash your knuckles in tight places while laying on your back for a couple hours.
This one sounds easy enough. Been in tighter places.... LOL :D

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Yea get the Boot and Fan from a local dealer or an On line dealer.

jkcolo22

Equipment
BX25D
Jan 5, 2017
Castle Rock, Colorado

Messicks is your online choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Buy it from a local dealer, and ask that it come in on the stock order, so there will be no additional shipping expense. Support your local dealer, so you will be a familiar face, should you need a repair that you don't want to do yourself, or need some advise on a repair that you will be doing yourself. My local dealer gives me a discount on expensive parts. Shop local whenever you can. Many of us earn our living by working locally, and many times, our employers are dependent on local shoppers. If people don't support local business, local business will not survive!

FrozenInTime

Equipment
BX2370
Mar 25, 2015
ND
I'll probably order from the dealer in town. Might be awhile, it's a 30 minute trip one way. I doubt I will be able to get to this for atleast a month as I have soooooo many projects going on at the moment. I have several other tractors to use so I can leave it parked. Sux, it's my favorite one to operate.
I'll leave a comment on how easy/hard it was when I get r done. Thanks for the replies!

eserv

Equipment
BX24, A1000 Kubota Generator
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
Buy it from a local dealer, and ask that it come in on the stock order, so there will be no additional shipping expense. Support your local dealer, so you will be a familiar face, should you need a repair that you don't want to do yourself, or need some advise on a repair that you will be doing yourself. My local dealer gives me a discount on expensive parts. Shop local whenever you can. Many of us earn our living by working locally, and many times, our employers are dependent on local shoppers. If people don't support local business, local business will not survive!
^^^^^ What he said! I never can understand the fear people seem to have showing up at the local dealer asking for parts. Most dealers are great and also have well trained personal to help you with the problem.