Warn me against this money pit B7100

Tranberg

Nov 26, 2019
Copenhagen, Denmark
There's another one with less implements for twice the price ($4600) nearer to me, but further away from my brother's place, where the tractor would be used, and where there's room to take it apart and restore it.

By the looks in the ad, it's not twice as good.

But I must say that this process is making be realize how expensive even the tiniest spare parts are, since the market is tiny, and these things costed 10 times as much when they were new.

BX23S-1

May 29, 2017
No where Special
There`s gotta be something better out there to buy. I myself would walk away from this one. Or anything as old as it is. Finding crucial parts will likely be a problem, and very expensive.

Your title says it all; "warn me against". You`ve been warned.

torch

Equipment
B7100HSD, B2789, B2550, B4672, 48" cultivator, homemade FEL and Cab
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
Air filter is missing! That's a big red flag for me. (Besides ingesting dirt, it suggests that someone was using starter spray to try and get it going).

Too bad. It does have the optional high-output alternator to support all those lights.

Last edited:

Tranberg

Nov 26, 2019
Copenhagen, Denmark
4 years later, and on a whim with rosy tinted foggy glasses, I just bought a worse rust bucket B7100D (4WD gear) for 15,000 DKK equivalent to 2,150 USD

It starts right up, sounds right, and all the gears on the main lever works.
Range lever and front assist levers broken off at the transmission.
I took the transmission cover off, and the gears look good, and I could move the range gears back and forth with a screwdriver.
No brakes, and the clutch pedal and both brake pedals move in unison.
Generator replaced with a cobbled up plate with an elbow for the coolant hose and a conventional car alternator hanging off the side.
3-point lift inoperative (lever broken/missing) and 6 feet of hydraulic hose attached to the diverter valve, and a similar return line.
A chain-drive drop-down for front facing PTO

Many wheel bolts missing and the rear hubs are both welded to the axle shafts.
The once installed cab has been chopped off at dash height, the dash is not original, but could be part of the cab that once was.
The wiring is a mess.

The air filter cover is rusted out beyond repair.

The list goes on.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 2 users

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
4 years later, and on a whim with rosy tinted foggy glasses, I just bought a worse rust bucket B7100D (4WD gear) for 15,000 DKK equivalent to 2,150 USD

I took the transmission cover off, and the gears look good, and I could move the range gears back and forth with a screwdriver.
Generator replaced with a cobbled up plate with an elbow for the coolant hose and a conventional car alternator hanging off the side.
3-point lift inoperative (lever broken/missing) and 6 feet of hydraulic hose attached to the diverter valve, and a similar return line.

The once installed cab has been chopped off at dash height, the dash is not original, but could be part of the cab that once was.
The wiring is a mess.

The list goes on.
Seems as though you are now worse off than before !!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID

The wiring is a mess.

The list goes on.
So far nothing you've said sounds unworkable.

trial and error

Equipment
B7100dt manual trans. homemade FEL, 4 way hydraulic dozer blade
Feb 16, 2023
NY
Good luck, you've got your work cut out for you but these are generally easy to work on, finding parts that's gonna be the hard part

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
Heck if YOU don't spend YOUR money now, on a few 'projects', you'll just leave it to your children and THEY will spend YOUR money on THEIR 'projects'.....