BX1850 questions

1968rt

Equipment
Looking for sub compact tractor.
Nov 2, 2019
Batavia,Ohio
Saw a bx1850, 660 hours. 5300.00 firm.
Looks like it is nice shape. 54 inch belky mower and 3 point hitch. Is this a good price? Questions to ask?
Neve owned a compact tractor before.

Thanks

Roadworthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 HST
Aug 17, 2019
Benton City, WA
You'd have to look it over for condition and make sure everything works. Look for leaks and stuff as you would if car shopping. You should know about the owner's maintenance schedule and how well maintenance was kept up. Are fluid levels up and do fluids look okay. Check the air cleaner. How difficult is it to start? Do the glow plugs work? With hours that low the tractor should look almost like new. Get the story on why the owner is selling. His asking price is less than half the price of a new one.

m.t.hands

Equipment
L 5030, L 3400 and BX2200
Jul 26, 2015
NE Bama
Great tractor, pretty bullet-proof check the hydro fan to ensure it is in tact, other than that from what i have heard is the concerns w/plastic hood/bonnet/fenders/ have a neighbor that has one (2008 i believe) he takes really good care of his and it looks brand new

as far as the price check on tractorhouse & fastline and see what comparable units are listed and selling for;)

i Have a BX2200 and will not part with it, very handy machines

and welcome to OTT :D

don't know how far from Lucasville but this is in Ohio

https://www.tractorhouse.com/listings/farm-equipment/for-sale/34122637/2008-kubota-bx1850

Last edited:

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
That's the plastic model, I have the BX2350 with just over 1000 hours. They don't take much abuse - pretty much every panel on mine is broken or cracked. Then again, it had been abused before I got it.

So, three thoughts for you:
1. If the plastics are in good condition, then someone must have looked after the machine well

2. Be a bit careful once you have it. On mine, which was already very rough, I've broken the rear fender when I used a trailer with a shorter drawbar than I thought, turned sharp and it hit the fender. And I further broke the front hood when I hit the bracket that keeps the hoses tidy on the FEL.

3. Mechanically, they're tough. Although mine's clearly had a hard life, I've never had to do anything mechanical to it, I did the last service myself and the fluids all looked fine.

1968rt

Equipment
Looking for sub compact tractor.
Nov 2, 2019
Batavia,Ohio
Just bought a bx1850. Its a 2008 with 220 hours. Jusr did my yard with lots of leaves. Works great. Temp gage stayed right in the middle and everything. Operated as should be.. Will pist some pucs soon .