Cruise control ? on L 3400 HST

m.t.hands

Equipment
L 5030, L 3400 and BX2200
Jul 26, 2015
NE Bama
my newest to me tractor I have a couple of question in regard to it's function an operation

in the manual I thought it said to move the pedal to the desired speed and move the CC lever into position and it will maintain the desired speed, mine in ever range seems that as soon as you remove pressure from the tredal the speed is roughly cut in half??? would the tension adj correct this or is the normal operation????

also in the manual I thought I read that with both brakes locked together if they are applied will kick the cruise off, mine did not, am I misunderstanding this, or is something wrong

BTW, put 5 hours on tractor the other day and it is performing flawlessly:D

m.t.hands

Equipment
Jul 26, 2015
NE Bama
My 3400 only locks one brake pedal. Haven't used cruise control

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
that seems odd to me, you cannot lock the brake pedals together,???? I really like the cruise for big runs like bush-hogging and going back to the barn, kind of surprised the cruise did not disengage when I got back to the barn though :eek: :eek:

Roadworthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 HST
Aug 17, 2019
Benton City, WA
Check your owner's manual. It gives the conditions under which the cruise is supposed to disengage. I think applying brakes is one of them.

m.t.hands

Equipment
Jul 26, 2015
NE Bama
Check your owner's manual. It gives the conditions under which the cruise is supposed to disengage. I think applying brakes is one of them.

Thanks Road;) I looked again last night and it says with the brake pedals lock together it will "kick" the cruise out, waiting on my service manual before I proceed, and I tried the cruise again yesterday, making sure I fully pushed the lever as far as possible and as soon as you let of the tredal the speed decreases i'd say roughly in-half...but I have not investigated any further as far as the operation or adjustments