Kubota RTV XG850 Sidekick Experience?

Fl cracker

Equipment
Xg850 side kick, mx5400
Feb 18, 2024
Florida
Hi. New member. Just traded my 2017 x900 on a 2019 xg850 new. Scoured posts and watched videos before trading. So I was aware of the gas pedal issue before purchasing but was not at all deterred as I heard there was a pedal upgrade. My dealer hasnÂ’t heard of it. So I get the machine home and first had some fun. But I soon understood what was previously posted about the foot hovering and felt fatigue in my leg. The pedal is poorly positioned and it is too easy to press which contributes to the jumpiness. So I removed it, put it in a vise, straightened it at the bend, repainted it(the bending caused the paint to crack), waited a few minutes, and reinstalled. The pedal was now at a much more natural position. But in my opinion, the spring is too weak and too easy to press, especially when starting out and going over bumps. So I stopped at tractor supply and purchased a 3/4x3-3/4x.105 extension spring. The stock spring is 4 inches but they did not have that in a length that would work. I had to bend the bottom tang in order to install it but it went on with relative ease. So the result. It definitely felt a lot stiffer. But, for me it worked great. I feel I have much more control when taking off because I have to push as opposed to the weight of my foot causing jumpiness. Also, itÂ’s nice being able to rest your foot on the pedal without causing a surge. Im happy with this new setup. But for those who find the stock pedal annoying, there is an inexpensive option thatÂ’s diy. U could even try various springs to customize the pedal to you. Hope this helps someone.
I recently got a 2023 rtv xg850 and experienced the very touchy gas pedal problem also. Very tiring on my ankle.
swapped out the gas pedal spring for the c-191 spring at tractor supply as other member did. Night and day difference. Kubota should do this. Tractor supply normally stocks these springs and sold in a 2 pack for 5$ at time if this posting. Thanks to the member posting the fix. A phillip screw driver sliding spring onto upper part of pedal bracket works great too. Takes about 30 seconds to fix issue.