Must have 3 pt or FEL accessories?

Timmer92

Equipment
2019 L3901 (former - BX2370), 72" Brush Hog, 72" Hydraulic Snow Blade, 3pt Auger
Dec 4, 2019
Minnesota
Hi all,

I just upgraded to a L3901. I'm curious what "must have" accessories you would recommend for the 3pt or loader/bucket? Anything for making life easier?

• I've already got a 3pt draw bar and receiver hitch and heavy duty hook and shackle. That's been nice for moving boats and trailers, and pulling stuck equipment out of mud and snow.
  • I'm inheriting a ballast box for Christmas from my stepdad.
  • I'm curious about pallet forks. I don't have to move anything specifically on a pallet, but I imagine when it comes time to move something they would come in handy. Any thoughts on the full set up vs bucket attached?

More specific to my needs rather than "must have" items, I have the following:

• 72" snow blade
  • 72" brush hog
  • Auger with 6" drill

Is there anything else you guys would highly recommend?

Sodark

Equipment
2018 B2650 HST ROPS, BH77 Backhoe
May 15, 2018
Pacific Northwest US
Get the forks. You'll use them occasionally for moving pallets, sure, but most of the time they're invaluable for moving everything else you'd never think of until they're suddenly an on-hand option. Best cost-benefit implement hands-down.

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Piranha Toothbar and a box blade.

GeoBx2680

Equipment
FEL, 60" mower, 60" plow, Pallet Forks, 50" snowblower Front mount
Oct 8, 2018
Mn USA
like my forks work great for moving brush piles

Roadworthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 HST
Aug 17, 2019
Benton City, WA
I tend to buy what I need for tasks I have in mind rather than buying stuff and hoping I can find a use for it.

SMKK

Equipment
B2650
Aug 22, 2019
Lachine, QC
Pallet forks come in handy for all sorts of things - With SSQA on the FEL you can easily swap between them and the bucket

BX23S-1

May 29, 2017
No where Special
Hi all,

I just upgraded to a L3901. I'm curious what "must have" accessories you would recommend for the 3pt or loader/bucket? Anything for making life easier?

• I've already got a 3pt draw bar and receiver hitch and heavy duty hook and shackle. That's been nice for moving boats and trailers, and pulling stuck equipment out of mud and snow.
  • I'm inheriting a ballast box for Christmas from my stepdad.
  • I'm curious about pallet forks. I don't have to move anything specifically on a pallet, but I imagine when it comes time to move something they would come in handy. Any thoughts on the full set up vs bucket attached?

More specific to my needs rather than "must have" items, I have the following:

• 72" snow blade
  • 72" brush hog
  • Auger with 6" drill

Is there anything else you guys would highly recommend?
I would opt for a set of front forks. Stay away from the bolt on bucket forks, they dont ever stay tight. Rear box blade is v-e-r-y handy.

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
Telescoping stabilizers for the 3 point, if your tractor came with turnbuckles.

Timmer92

Equipment
2019 L3901 (former - BX2370), 72" Brush Hog, 72" Hydraulic Snow Blade, 3pt Auger
Dec 4, 2019
Minnesota
Piranha Toothbar and a box blade.
What do you use the piranha for and/or what are advantage does it give you? We live on sandy soil so breaking ground isn't a problem, although I've done very little digging.

mdhughes

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901DT
Dec 10, 2014
Ste Geneveive county, MO
What do you use the piranha for and/or what are advantage does it give you? We live on sandy soil so breaking ground isn't a problem, although I've done very little digging.
I have a PTB, but it isn't on the bucket right now. It is really great at cutting brush off when clearing an area. I'm not sure how much it helps in digging, but I haven't used it a lot for that. I do a lot of road maintenance and take it off for doing that.

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Mainly digging, (very hard-packed here) check this thread, posts 75-78. Actually read the whole thread, lots of info. It also cuts roots when digging that would have stopped the tractor with just the bucket edge. And recently, I found it works well on small to medium old pine stumps. Dig the toothbar in at or below ground level & curl the bucket; pops 'em right out.

nbryan

Equipment
B2650 BH77 LA534 54" ssqa Forks B2782B BB1560 Woods M5-4 MaxxHaul 50039
Jan 3, 2019
Hadashville, Manitoba, Canada
Pallet forks come in handy for all sorts of things - With SSQA on the FEL you can easily swap between them and the bucket
This ^^^
I'm finding the pallet forks stay on the tractor most of the non snow season.
BB1560 box blade on 3 point all year when backhoe not chipper not being used. Snowblower on front and box blade on back normally for the winter.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

B3350orbust

Equipment
B3350, 72” Bush Hog, 72” box blade, 72” grader blade, 48” King Kutter tiller,
Nov 27, 2019
Long Bottom, Ohio
I got 36” forks for $130 from amaz and use them for lots of things from carrying boards, gates, to lifting trees on the saw mill. If you maintain a gravel driveway or move any amount of dirt with the fel a box blade is worth its weight in gold. Get one at least as wide as the fel. The teeth will loosen hard ground, I can pull as much dirt with the box blade as I push with the bucket. As for leveling ground or crowning driveways it’s a cinch. You won’t loose as much gravel either. I also have s $150 carry all for the 3 point. I built a treated bed and side boards on it. Very nice for packing things around and I throw cement blocks in it for a ballast when needed. With that said, my favorite accessory is the pat’s quick hitch. I’ve had tractors for 45 years and don’t know how I ever got by...

B3350orbust

Equipment
B3350, 72” Bush Hog, 72” box blade, 72” grader blade, 48” King Kutter tiller,
Nov 27, 2019
Long Bottom, Ohio
I got 36” forks for $130 from amazon and use them for lots of things from carrying boards, gates, to lifting trees on the saw mill. If you maintain a gravel driveway or move any amount of dirt with the fel a box blade is worth its weight in gold. Get one at least as wide as the fel. The teeth will loosen hard ground, I can pull as much dirt with the box blade as I push with the bucket. As for leveling ground or crowning driveways it’s a cinch. You won’t loose as much gravel either. I also have s $150 carry all for the 3 point. I built a treated bed and side boards on it. Very nice for packing things around and I throw cement blocks in it for a ballast when needed. With that said, my favorite accessory is the pat’s quick hitch. I’ve had tractors for 45 years and don’t know how I ever got by...

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
The $50 option I added to my FEL was a set on Ken Bolt on Hooks. It gets used almost daily.

We just got a box blade last Saturday and I see it being a very useful implement. Used it multiple times on Saturday and have a list of things to do this Saturday with it.

I have a grapple, which someday I think it will be a very useful attachment if I can ever get my dealer to get the 3rd function valve in.

I have a set of pallet forks on my list of items to pick up in the future.

Tornado

May 7, 2019
usa
Im going to make a couple of small cheap additions I would 100% do on this new tractor. First thing - Spend $16 and get the inner air filter element. The L2501, L3301, L3901 do not come with this element as standard equipment - You only have the outter air filter element. This is a fine air filter element that goes inside the outter air filter element in your air filter box. The box is designed to receive the inner element, Kubota just skimps on this for the Standard L series. Its about $16 and cheap insurance. Takes literally less than 2 minutes to install, and no tools. It helps to make sure you dont injest any fine particles into the engine. It comes standard on most bigger Kubota tractors above the L series. If you want to see a video that demonstrates exactly what Im talking about watch this video, showing it on a small BX tractor...The process is the same, even though the L series filters are all larger. https://youtu.be/BtNWmybTa50

And you can buy the filter here:

https://www.messicks.com/part/ta040-93220/air-filter-inner

There is no good argument not to spend $16 on this. I would say its the best $16 you could spend on anything on a smaller kubota tractor, and most people dont realize kubota nixes the inner element on their smaller tratcors. Its given me a lot of peace of mind lately as I'm clearing land and driving through clouds of smoke and dust a lot.

2nd must have was already mentioned. Telescoping stabilizers. The turnbuckles on the standard L series arent that great imo. On my L2501 they are constantly readjusting on their own, because they only have a nut on one side. The turnbuckles vibrate and move around and unscrew themselves often. They are also not as strong as telescoping stabilizers. Kubota makes an upgrade kit for this though! Its $185, but agreat upgrade. I have not got mine yet but plan to order them very very soon. Here is a video showing them off, a long with how to install them. Its very simple.

Video: https://youtu.be/9md2KEmNGbM

The Kit: https://messicks.com/part/l8430/telescopic-stabilizer-kit

EDIT: as far as 3 point/loader must havs. That will of course depend entirely on what you have planned for this tractor but most people will tend to tell you a box blade is one ofthe best 3 pt. attachments you can buy. I would agree. The best loader instrument you can own aside from the bucket is perhaps the pallet forks. I would go with actual pallet forks, not pin on's. You lose a LOT of lift capacity when you stick loads way out on forks ahead of the bucket, and you can and will bend your bucket up. Pallet forks are great for moving anything you can get a chain on, or moving logs, pushing tree tops into piles. the thigs you can do with pallet forks is extensive.

Last edited:

Orange4X4

Equipment
L2350DT with loader , 52" Taylor Way , Ratchet Rake , Land Pride post hole
Aug 12, 2018
Concordia, MO
https://northstarattachments.com/attachments/bucket-tooth-bar/
I bought this instead of the Piranha, the only thing I changed was buying stainless acorn nuts from McMaster Carr.
No drilling the side of the bucket, I ordered it through the implement dealer near me , total with shipping $425.
Very happy with this, it stays on tight and easy to remove, even with about a 3/4" droop in the center of my bucket.
Some have said the Piranha is not tempered steel , this one is tempered.
Basically the same price, they had very good information and answered any questions I had even through texts.
The biggest thing I liked not drilling through the bucket. tooth-bars@2x.jpg

Last edited: