Me, I have no issue with the DWG becoming the east coast.:D

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Re: Man Made Global COOLING?!

Reading an article about beef production and prices in the US. The small farmer is barely existing, and usually required to have a "job" in town.

We currently hear about the problem with cattle "gasses". Does any one even think folks will quit eating beef? If cattle are not raised on farms in the USA, well end up importing beef.

Now if cattle are being raised in other parts of the world to displace production from some other corner of the world, how will the "gas" problem be solve by us?

Here's an idea of what Brazil produces. They shipped 1.64 million tonnes of beef last year. 1.35 m tonnes in 2013. Beef exports for 2000 were equal to 650,000 metric tons, an increase of 18 percent from the 1999 export of 550,000 metric tons.

Between 1970 and 1991, Brazil's beef-cattle herd grew at a 3.1 percent average yearly rate, from 78.5 million to 152.1 million head.

Production costs in Brazil are estimated to be 60 percent lower than in Australia and 50 percent lower than in the United States.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada

here; north of the 49th, the 'gas' problem, the 'CO2' is to be eliminted by...
TAXING the common folks
Yup, ZERO reduction in STOPPING the making of the 'gases' , just TAX the people.

Canada could instantly STOP over 100 million TONS of CO2 being produced, every year, forever, by not mining and exporting 32M tons of coal. Well that ain't about to happen....
just follow the money...

eserv

Equipment
BX24, A1000 Kubota Generator
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta

If it was real nobody would need to be "convinced" of anything. It would be obvious to everyone.

Just curious, how come people like you who believe in this stuff carry on using modern equipment and methods that pollute and contribute to this supposed man made climate change? Why arent you hoeing weeds by hand?, using oxen to plow fields? drawing water from a local stream? riding a bicycle or walking?

I mean if every little bit counts and the end is near and man needs to change, why arent the "believers" leading the way?

Because its a HOAX thats why.
A hoax? Really? https://www.vox.com/energy-and-envi...fdMHgyMjstIHyowuJ3AZIcBBuY9J6p2rAfpACII73GQZg

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019

While the Earth may be getting marginally warmer( a statisically insignifigant number BTW), there's no real evidence that this warming is 100% caused by man burning fossil fuels.
The 'chicken littles' keep saying it's all mans faultyet THEY keep flying in jets, buying cars and computers,chopping down trees an dheating THEIR homes.
What will NOT be reported in the media is the 10s of thousands of tons of CO2 that the 25,000 experts in Spain created, in order to talk about, yeah, 'mans made climate change'.
If, IF, it really,really was true and they believd in what THEY say, WHY do they practise 'do as I say, not as I do' ?? Hypocrites, each and everyone.

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L345DT with Lp mower, forks and grapple thumb, Bobcat 337 Midi Ex
May 4, 2018
Maine
Last edited:

eserv

Equipment
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta

Why are you giving an article about global warming when the conversation is about MAN MADE CLIMATE CHANGE?

That conflation of different issues happens too often to ignore, its a part of the HOAX you bought in to.

Also does your BX24 have an electric motor with solar panels or is it wind powered?
I have sold my BX But my ElecTrak e12 does have an electric motor AND solar panels! (As does my house)

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 4, 2018
Maine

I have sold my BX But my ElecTrak e12 does have an electric motor AND solar panels! (As does my house)
You sold your BX because you knew it was destroying the planet?

Last edited:

eserv

Equipment
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta

You sold your BX because you knew it was destroying the planet?
You grow all your own food?, youre off the power grid? you walk or ride a bicycle everywhere?

How are you working off the carbon footprint from building those solar panels? Wires? Batteries? and the other earth destroyers you used to or currently own?
I don't yet grow all my own food but I increased the insulation in my home, reduced to just one vehicle, moved to a small town and walk almost everywhere I need to go now so I think I am on the path to reducing my carbon footprint! What about you? We don't have to stop using oil, but we do have to seriously reduce the amount of it we burn.

Last edited:

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan

It is pretty easy to decrease carbon footprint because many things in the end save money. Propane is pretty expensive so I've just installed some heat pumps and solar panels are on the way in the back pasture. Replacing old windows with better triple pane ones gave me more comfort and saves some energy. Like many of you I like driving my 2003 Duramax, but I don't need to drive it to the grocery store and use a Honda Fit, 39 mpg for short trips. All of that could be improved but walking and bicycling is not practical where I live. I raise nearly all of my vegetables, and some of my meat. I use my tractors when I need them to do things I couldn't do otherwise. Could someone do more, sure, but it is easy to do something even if you are old and decrepit like me.

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 4, 2018
Maine

We don't have to stop using oil, but we do have to seriously reduce the amount of it we burn.
Thats your opinion, I have mine. Unfortunately, your opinions have turned into sanctions against my opinions that have cost my side real money, jobs and hardship and the science behind all of our opinions IS VERY MUCH up for debate and is NOT settled science.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan

What are the hardships, loss of job, loss of money that you have experienced so far?

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 4, 2018
Maine

What are the hardships, loss of job, loss of money that you have experienced so far?
Coal mining industry took a major hit because of the hoax.

Got to work on and pay for my stupid DEF system on my f350 AND I have to worry about it breaking again. Thats in place because of this hoax.

I cant delete my F350s hoax inspired DEF system because its a violation of federal law and I would be a criminal.

I cant find a damn gas can whos spout works properly after a year and thats because of can and fuel regulations driven by the hoax.

Gasoline has ethanol in it because of the hoax and that stuff has costs me thousands in broken equipment and down time.

Im sure Ive paid thousands if not a whole lot more in taxes or fees directly or indirectly related to the hoax.

Im sure there are many more examples but im not spending all night listing them. I work hard for my money and dont want it stolen by politicians that convinced gullible people to vote to take from or regulate me.

Last edited:

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa

And you do what for a living if I may ask?

eserv

Equipment
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta

Got to work on and pay for my stupid DEF system on my f350 AND I have to worry about it breaking again. Thats in place because of this hoax.

I cant delete my F350s hoax inspired DEF system because its a violation of federal law and I would be a criminal.

I cant find a damn gas can whos spout works properly after a year and thats because of can and fuel regulations driven by the hoax.

Gasoline has ethanol in it because of the hoax and that stuff has costs me thousands in broken equipment and down time.

Im sure Ive paid thousands if not a whole lot more in taxes or fees directly or indirectly related to the hoax.

Im sure there are many more examples but im not spending all night listing them. I work hard for my money and dont want it stolen by politicians that convinced gullible people to vote to take from or regulate me.
None of those things except the coal plants have anything to do with global warming. They all address other types of pollution such as acid rain and carbon particulates.

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 4, 2018
Maine

None of those things except the coal plants have anything to do with global warming. They all address other types of pollution such as acid rain and carbon particulates.
We were talking about Man Made Climate Change, remember? And yes all of those things were born from the Hoax called Man Made Climate Change.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
Apr 2, 2019

overall,in the big scheme of things, coalplants don't contribute to 'gh gases BS'. if they did, then YOU wouldn't have charcoal BBQs and there would be ZERO steel production.

must be an older truck, out of powertrain warranty. that's a bummer. I understand the DEF system holds the bad stuff, then 'afterburns' it like a CAT, so really the 'stuff' though modified does go into the air...

buy an old gas can at yard sale. I had 15-20 of them,all good, but only kept4 of the 10L(2 gallon) size as they I can carry/lift/mt.

Overall ethonal has done more damage than good. expensive to create,reduces MPG,puts water into gas, etc. BIGGEST conjob of the decade

inrease in taxes is obscene but IF every dime collected went TO helping the environment , it's almost ok...that's little ok not big OK .

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 4, 2018
Maine

There very well may be things that can be done to keep our planet cleaner but with all of the lies, deceptions, propaganda, hypocrisy, brainwashing, indoctrination and ever expanding population of emotionally driven gullible people, we are never going to truly know if there is an actual problem.

Kind of like the modern media claiming end of world status because of our president is a supposed Russian agent. Nobody in their right mind for the forseeable future is going to believe what the media has to say...even if they may actually tell the truth from time to time.

dlsmith

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2230, LA211
Nov 15, 2018
Goshen, IN

The coal mining industry has been in decline for decades because there are much cleaner and cheaper sources of energy like natural gas, wind and solar.
Simple fact, coal mining is a dirty, dangerous business. Thousands of men have been killed in mine explosions, cave-ins, machinery failures and other causes, many times because the miners violate safety procedures or mine owners refuse to adhere to safety regulations. Thousands of miners suffer and die from black lung disease and other ailments directly related to working in coal mines.
This is not a hoax, it's a fact.

The coal ash is full of heavy metals that are proven poisons and carcinogens. Toxic elements found in coal ash include arsenic, boron, cadmium, chromium, cobalt, copper, lead, lithium, mercury, molybdenum, selenium, thallium and uranium. Whole communities near coal fired power plants have been made uninhabitable due to the pollution from coal ash retaining lagoons. Sometimes the lagoons fail and coal ash floods out into the surrounding areas and waterways.
This too is not a hoax, it's a fact.

And, contrary to what a unnamed ill informed politician claims, there is no such thing as "clean coal."
That, sir, is a hoax.
Coal is a dirty business, operationally and environmentally.

Metallurgical coal, or coking coal is necessary for steel making, and there is no substitute for it's use in that industry so far. So, at this point, there is a legitimate need for that type of coal in that industry.

As for gas cans, just go to a Tractor Supply and get a new nozzle, they have them for different types of plastic gas cans. I have three of them. I have to admit that one can I use for fueling my BX has the safety valve on it, which actually works well for me. I can tip it up with the spout in the tank, rest the can on the grab handle on the fender, push the valve open and let it fill the tank. It isn't worth a crap to fuel the JD though, I have a can with a flexy spout to fill that. Stop bitching and spend $10.

I'm sure you know that those "safety" spouts and cans were forced on us because too many idiots spilled lots of fuel or caught things or themselves on fire and the idiots had lawyers sue the manufacturers.
Simple fact of life is now the same as it has always been, idiots do stupid things, get hurt or killed and lawyers sue manufacturers and politicians pass laws to force manufacturers to produce products that will protect the idiots. The idiots continue to breed creating more idiots that perpetuate the cycle.

Personally I think seat belt use should be discretionary. If some idiot thinks seat belts don't protect them in an accident, hey, let them take their chances, but deny them medical treatment if involved in an accident. Let them live or die with the consequences of their choice. Darwin's principle at work.
If Gork decided it would be funny to poke the sabertooth lion with a stick to see what would happen, most likely his stupid gene didn't get passed on. Same principal applies here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.