Different LandPride units - quality or upsell?

Timmer92

Equipment
2019 L3901 (former - BX2370), 72" Brush Hog, 72" Hydraulic Snow Blade, 3pt Auger
Dec 4, 2019
Minnesota
Hi all,

I'm about to pull the trigger on trading in my BX2370 for a L3901. I've got 2 dealers quoting on it. Aside from tractor and trade-in pricing differences, their implements are different, and I'm not sure if someone is looking out for me or trying to make more money. One has a step up for both of these:

Rotary cutter - I will be using it for cutting field grass. It won't see any brush cutting.
RCR1872 72"
LPRCF2072 72"

Snow blade - I'll use it to plow my 600' driveway and 2 field entrances.
STB10 72"
STB15 72"

Any thoughts on these units? Thanks for your feedback!

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
download the product details/spec sheet and do a side by side comparison. I'd also dl the parts manuals... see what's common and what's not.
what's the price diference ? compare $$ to features.

Tornado

May 7, 2019
usa
Hi all,

I'm about to pull the trigger on trading in my BX2370 for a L3901. I've got 2 dealers quoting on it. Aside from tractor and trade-in pricing differences, their implements are different, and I'm not sure if someone is looking out for me or trying to make more money. One has a step up for both of these:

Rotary cutter - I will be using it for cutting field grass. It won't see any brush cutting.
RCR1872 72"
LPRCF2072 72"

Snow blade - I'll use it to plow my 600' driveway and 2 field entrances.
STB10 72"
STB15 72"

Any thoughts on these units? Thanks for your feedback!

On your rotary cutters, they are both extremely similar. The RCF2072 is slightly heavier at 745lbs, vs 737lbs of the RCR1872. Looking at the pictures, I want to say the RCF2072 is likely the model that moves a lot of the support on the underside of the deck. In pictures you notice it has a smooth flat top, while on the RCR1872 you see the support beams and welds all on the top. This is a mere point of preference. The flat top model is just easier to clean grass and debris off of. I think both mowers are likely running the exact same blades and gear box. The specifications on both are almost identical. Both are using the same gauge steel, no real notable difference in construction grade between the two. I think its just the difference in support locations. Top side vs Under side. Im not 100% on this but I know both options exist, just not sure on model #'s.The pricing on the 2 is likely similar. You don't lose with either one here.

Regarding your snow blades, there is a clear difference in these two models where one is clearly more heavy duty, and that is the STB15. The Moldboard thickness on it is 10gauge steel vs 12gauge on the STB10, so it is running thicker, heavier steel. Everything on the STB15 looks bigger, thicker, clearly a step up in construction. The STB10 is listed as being usable down to a B series kubota. The STB15 stops at the L series Kubota. So, its going to be a more heavy duty snow blade. Do you need all that extra heft? Thats for you to decide how often it will be used. The STB15 however will be more expensive though, so I would take that into account comparing the two tractor packages.

EDIT: little more looking at the mowers. I think I am right on the major difference being the RCR2072 just moves the supports on the underside. Here is a picture showing the Underside of the RCF2072. You will notice its underside mirrors the top side of the RCR1872.

Underside Supports:

Topside Supports:

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Timmer92

Equipment
2019 L3901 (former - BX2370), 72" Brush Hog, 72" Hydraulic Snow Blade, 3pt Auger
Dec 4, 2019
Minnesota
Thanks Tornado, very helpful!