Not open for further replies.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Re: Man Made Global COOLING?!

Ashes to ashes, dust to dust to dust......:)

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada

4 + 5 = 10
4 + 5 = 10
4 + 5 = 10
4 + 5 = 10

say that enough times to enough people ...
then ask ..
what's 4+5 ?

:rolleyes:

Newlyme

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 w/loader, finish mower, tiller, auger, rake. BX24 w/loader, backhoe
May 27, 2015
Nelson Ohio USA

News
Germany scrambles to find place to bury nuclear waste
Officials in Germany are scrambling to find a location to bury almost 2,000 containers of highly radioactive nuclear waste generated from facilities around the country, CNN reported.
The waste, more than 36,600 cubic yards, roughly equivalent to six of London’s “Big Ben” towers, must be deposited in a place where it can remain undisturbed and away from humans for the next MILLION YEARS. (All Caps are mine)
The toxic waste would be extraordinarily deadly if it ever leaked out.
Germany has been phasing out nuclear power plants since 2011. All remaining nuclear power plants in Germany are slated to close by 2022.

Above is copied and pasted from a news article quoting CNN. I know, I agree, Fake News Channel.

But lets take it on face value.

We all agree Nuclear Waste is BAD. In the original story it explains how they have to find just the right place for storage. No water seepage/contamination, earthquakes......for a MILLION YEARS! And they are trying to figure out how to label it in a way that future generations will be able to understand because they are concerned our/their current language will be out of use before then.

So now lets look at it from the sensationalistic journalism standpoint.

A million years, yeah right. It is probably only a half a million years. Lets go one better and say One Hundred Thousand Years. Who on this earth has The Balls to say they can SAFELY store this stuff for that long. The SECOND containment cover over Chernobyl costing BILLIONS of dollars will only last a hundred years, (if I remember correctly).

And this is just ONE country, Germany.

I apologize for the above rant.

Man made, Global Warming, Climate Change/Catastrophe.......?

There is a thread here in the Off Topic section asking us what we thought would be the cause of the End Of Planet Earth. I made a joke about boys wanting to be girls and vise/verse and of the 1000 different ways we could come up with the way it will end. A lot of people around the world think it is the man made climate change that will do us in. Here is the 1001st idea. We will have stockpiled in hundreds of locations highly toxic radioactive poison all around the Earth to kill us and make the planet uninhabitable for a millennium.
P.S. It is already stockpiled.

Last edited:

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019

decades ago (2-3) France had a way to 'decomission' and make safe used fuel rods. I KNOW the USA declined to use their tech, probably cause the USA is always feuding with France.

I've always wondered why the rods couldn't make for smaller power generating units. New Horizons( satellite to Pluto) 'nuke' generates 200 watts,about size of load of bread.....?

Newlyme

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 27, 2015
Nelson Ohio USA

decades ago (2-3) France had a way to 'decomission' and make safe used fuel rods. I KNOW the USA declined to use their tech, probably cause the USA is always feuding with France.
Not trying to pick a fight, just thinking out loud.

Wonder why the Germans did not use it? After all they are neighbors.

bucktail

Equipment
L1500DT, 6' king kutter back blade, boom, dirt scoop ford disk JD212
Jun 13, 2016
MN

Not trying to pick a fight, just thinking out loud.

Wonder why the Germans did not use it? After all they are neighbors.
There's some baggage between Germany and France...

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa

Well just because some people did something,,,, Sound like you heard that before?

Newlyme

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 27, 2015
Nelson Ohio USA

Thanks Jay, I Googled it and learned something today.
I came across an article from Dec 28, 2007 on the Heritage Foundation website, written by Jack Spencer.
Nuclear fuel must have 3-5% burnable uranium and once it falls below that it must be replaced.
Apparently France recaptures uranium from the spent fuel and discards the waste which is highly radioactive. Which is then prepared for long term storage in their version of Yucca Mountain.
The article goes on to say they are still working to open a permanent geologic storage facility.
The article also states, the sad thing is the United States developed this technology to recapture that energy decades ago, then barred its commercial use in 1977.

There is no free lunch. We're all in the same boat.

Newlyme

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 27, 2015
Nelson Ohio USA

There's some baggage between Germany and France...
Sounds like Opportunity to me. Nothing a few Billion Euros couldn't fix. :D
If the technology existed to render nuclear waste inert France would have more money than all of the oil producing nations.....combined!

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ

I used to point out Yucca Flats and Yucca Mountain to my passengers as we would pass by... Nowhere in this country is there a better place to store these spent fuel containers. It's literally in the middle of nowhere and out of the public reach. Yucca Flats saw scores of above ground nuke tests and a couple dozen below ground tests. And, it is ENORMOUS.

Hopefully, per the futurist in my other link, if FUSION reactors come to pass, we will end the production of waste nuke material. Storing our material in Yucca's facility makes sense.

dlsmith

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2230, LA211
Nov 15, 2018
Goshen, IN

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ

The future is unequivocal as predicted by the Experts.

(Ignore prior predictions please!)

We WILL all be DEAD in 12 years. Period. Dot.

Maybe, by then, some of these people will have gotten their cars charged...

https://www.infowars.com/video-tesla-drivers-wait-up-to-an-hour-to-charge-electric-vehicles/

When the sun goes Red Dwarf in a couple billion years and expands into the Earth's orbit, the seas will evaporate and the rocks will begin to melt. THAT future is real.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA

The future is unequivocal as predicted by the Experts.

(Ignore prior predictions please!)

We WILL all be DEAD in 12 years. Period. Dot.

Maybe, by then, some of these people will have gotten their cars charged...

https://www.infowars.com/video-tesla-drivers-wait-up-to-an-hour-to-charge-electric-vehicles/

When the sun goes Red Dwarf in a couple billion years and expands into the Earth's orbit, the seas will evaporate and the rocks will begin to melt. THAT future is real.
Should have plugged it in at home like my cousin does in Chicago, but then, using the in home charger costs you because it's your KWH (note, some models of Tesla's come with free Supercharger charging), some don't.

dlsmith

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2230, LA211
Nov 15, 2018
Goshen, IN

You are joking right?
No sir, I'm deadly serious.

Just because you think climate change is a hoax doesn't mean the evidence is fake or contrived, that's only your opinion based on the sources you choose to give credence to and those you choose to discredit.

I believe I have a little more faith than you apparently do in the scientific methods employed and data gathered in the past century or so from many sources that point to the undeniable conclusion that man's burning of fossil fuels has dumped billions of tons of greenhouse gases into the atmosphere, which is causing the warming we are experiencing.

If you choose not to believe it, that's your prerogative, it doesn't however make it so, nor does it alter the facts.

Not to get political, but the present administration's position on climate change, especially pulling out of the Paris Climate Accord is a fools errand and despicable. The rest of the world is looking at us and thinking WTF.

Last edited:

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire

No sir, I'm deadly serious.

Just because you think climate change is a hoax doesn't mean the evidence is fake or contrived, that's only your opinion based on the sources you choose to give credence to and those you choose to discredit.

I believe I have a little more faith than you apparently do in the scientific methods employed and data gathered in the past century or so from many sources that point to the undeniable conclusion that man's burning of fossil fuels has dumped billions of tons of greenhouse gases into the atmosphere, which is causing the warming we are experiencing.

If you choose not to believe it, that's your prerogative, it doesn't however make it so, nor does it alter the facts.

Not to get political, but the present administration's position on climate change, especially pulling out of the Paris Climate Accord is a fools errand and despicable. The rest of the world is looking at us and thinking WTF.
So if I am interpreting you correctly, your beliefs and opinions are more important than everyone else’s!!! I am not saying that I don’t believe that the climate of the Earth is always evolving and changing over time. But I don’t believe in people who are closed minded and feel that only they have the correct answers. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions and be free to choose how they interpret data and how they choose to change or not because of it.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
Apr 2, 2019

I find it 'interesting' that CHina mines and burns nearly 50% ( yes, 1/2) of ALL the coal yet has NOT reduced it's Co2 emissions, yet Canada, who mines' less than 1% is supposed to go 'netzero.
1/2 of all coal mined in Canada is shipped to 3rd World and IF Canada STOPPED that, a mere 32 million tons, Canada would stop/save 100 MILLION TONS of CO2 going into the air... THAT ain't going to happen.. cause the fat cats and pollies wouldn't like it.
Man made 'climate change' can easily be halted BUT there's NO money in it, and THAT is what the bottom line is.

Status
Not open for further replies.