B2601 Delivered with no transmission oil

jocaral

Equipment
B2601
Dec 2, 2019
Acton
Just had a new B2601 delivered and finally had a chance to use it to cut the grass one last time. Noticed that there was a lot of high pitched noise coming from the tractor, since this is my first tractor thought the noise was normal, after about 10 minutes, got worried, shut off the tractor and checked the fluids.
Engine oil was good but the trans fluid level was below the last mark, just showed fluid at the tip of the stick, totally empty. I understand the dealers are supposed to fill all the fluids before delivery. The tractor has 1.2 hours on it. I used it for maybe half hour, the other half our was used by the dealer.
My question is, what kind of damage did the transmission suffer because of lack of fluid.

thepumpguysc

Aug 8, 2018
Sunny South Carolina
It had "some" so i wouldnt worry to much about it.. MAKE SURE your checking it correctly !!
Some are check when hot, idling in neutral.. Some are check cold, not running.. & on & on.
IT IS the Stealers responsibility BUT ultimately, it falls in YOUR lap for not checking it EVERY TIME u get on the machine..
GRANTED U shouldnt "have to" seeing its a new machine.. but like I said..{see above}
I serious call to the Stealer would be in order.. BUT make damn sure your checking it right BEFORE that call..
Sorry for your troubles..

jocaral

Equipment
B2601
Dec 2, 2019
Acton
Thank you, checked it hot and cold. Low both times.
You are correct, I should have checked it, but was told machine was ready to go when it was delivered. I will contact the dealer. Appreciate your help.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Nothing bad happened. So long as it showed on the stick. Kubota puts the end of the dipstick at the low point in the transmission case. If it shows on the end, you are okay and keep in mind if you have a loader, the loader cylinders will have fluid in them anyway so the level can fluctuate.

Not dry by any stretch. If it was dry you would not be moving (if it's a hydrostat.

jocaral

Equipment
B2601
Dec 2, 2019
Acton
Shows oil below the first mark, the tractor still works but makes a nasty noise.
Have contacted the dealer. Guess all he needs to do is bring some oil.
Very happy the the machine is okay.
Appreciate every ones help.

Tornado

May 7, 2019
usa
God putting myself in your shoes in this situation......I wouldnt want this tractor now Im not gonna lie. Spent thousands of dollars on a brand new machine, then to have this happen. I would express my dissatisfaction to the dealer at what happened, and see if he steps up to right the wrong. This is a big blunder on their part. I know everyone seems to think you are likely safe here but wow, what a way to break in a brand new machine, and it was not your fault. I wouldnt blame you if you wanted to demand an entirely different tractor be delivered.

leveraddict

Equipment
2017 BX23S 60" LP BoxBlade 54" mower 60" BackBlade EA 12" 1 bottom plow & Forks
Apr 1, 2019
NEPA
Yeah that's not empty for sure. Theres a few gallons in there! If it shows on the end of the dipstick it probably will only take 1 or 2 oz to fill it. Maybe less. Take longer to get the cap off the bottle than to fill it.

The longer you warm up the hydraulics the less the whine will be, but they do whine!

I wouldn't worry just top it off.

Last edited:

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
God putting myself in your shoes in this situation......I wouldnt want this tractor now Im not gonna lie. Spent thousands of dollars on a brand new machine, then to have this happen. I would express my dissatisfaction to the dealer at what happened, and see if he steps up to right the wrong. This is a big blunder on their part. I know everyone seems to think you are likely safe here but wow, what a way to break in a brand new machine, and it was not your fault. I wouldnt blame you if you wanted to demand an entirely different tractor be delivered.
Not gonna happen.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
My BX was in same spot after a few minutes’ run time (maybe 30?)

Guessing a little air, and it “burped.”

Not belittling your concern at all.... my salesman got a very “pointed” email!!![emoji3525] I was pissed until I saw how much it was short.

1.5 quarts or so brought it to full and no issues in 370 hours. (My dealer brought me a gallon free).

Your tractor probably takes 4+ gallons of fluid. Guessing a surprising small percentage of that will fill it.

I’m with the pump guy and Flip. I think it’ll be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
As a side note, some years back when I bought a brand new 5030 Grand L, when I changed the front axle oil (at 50 hours), there was just a dribble in the case. Refilled it with 90 weight and told my dealer, in fact I took all the drained oil (was about a cup) and put it in a plastic water bottle and took it with me.

I ran that unit for 3 years and around 600 hours with no issues.

To this day, that bottle of drained oil is sitting on his window sill in his office. Every time I stop in, I see it and that was 3 tractors ago.:)

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
I would not want it, either. Should not be any nasty noises.

There is a lengthy list of things to check, adjust, etc., that the dealer is responsible for during PDI.

Many (most?) do little or none of it.

SDT

PA452

Equipment
B2650
Nov 8, 2015
Western PA
Nothing bad happened. So long as it showed on the stick. Kubota puts the end of the dipstick at the low point in the transmission case. If it shows on the end, you are okay and keep in mind if you have a loader, the loader cylinders will have fluid in them anyway so the level can fluctuate.

Not dry by any stretch. If it was dry you would not be moving (if it's a hydrostat.
This. Not even close to empty and you wouldn't be moving of it was.