Cover for MX stored outside?

Garrik

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX6000
Aug 7, 2019
San Jose, CA
My new MX-6000 will be here in about two weeks. Very excited!

The beast will be stored outside, in a pretty wet and windy spot. I would love to cover it when it isn't in use, at least until I can build a garage for it.

Any recommendations on a cover? Have been looking at the Classic Accessories StormPro, but I suspect that it will not be big enough for an MX...

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL
Look at Harbor Freight, They have tarp covered structures to make a great cover for your tractor. They were on sale this week for $150- 160. They are 10 x 17 feet.

This is the bad part. They are not tall enough to drive into with out putting the ROPS down. So I put down some railroad ties to raise up the building. I also reinforced the joints by screwing self tapping screws into the joints to mechanically join the tubes together. For $50 dollars you can get a replacement tarp within 2 years.

The Classic Accessories StormPro looks like a cover only. When your tractor gets dirty you will scratch the heck out of it putting on/off the dirty cover.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Look at Harbor Freight, They have tarp covered structures to make a great cover for your tractor. They were on sale this week for $150- 160. They are 10 x 17 feet.

This is the bad part. They are not tall enough to drive into with out putting the ROPS down. So I put down some railroad ties to raise up the building. I also reinforced the joints by screwing self tapping screws into the joints to mechanically join the tubes together. For $50 dollars you can get a replacement tarp within 2 years.

The Classic Accessories StormPro looks like a cover only. When your tractor gets dirty you will scratch the heck out of it putting on/off the dirty cover.
+1. Shelter Logic also makes a storage hut but HF is as good. I would suggest wrapping all the joints where the covering touches the frame with duct tape. That is where they fail from rubbing.

Loka

Dec 17, 2017
Tomahawk wi
How was the price you paid compared to the kubota website pricing? My dealer is telling me he doesn’t have pricing yet and won’t have the new mx until late winter.