B7200E w/ 4' Bush Hog

JeffL

Equipment
B7200E, B4200DT
Jan 8, 2016
North Central Ar.
New to bush hogs and searching/researching all I can learn. Bush hogs in 4' come from about 350# to 600#. Confusion comes from what the tractor can actually lift on the 3-point. Found owners manual online and it claims 300# for a rotary cutter. This is hard to believe as that is the same spec as my little B4200D. There is substantial lift differences between these two tractors. Tractor Data claims 1000# at pins and 700# 24" behind pins. Sounds more in line with my experience lifting a loaded carryall.
Can anyone offer real world experience for lift capacity or B.H. weight behind a B7200.
Thanks, Jeff

nbryan

Equipment
B2650 BH77 LA534 54" ssqa Forks B2782B BB1560 Woods M5-4 MaxxHaul 50039
Jan 3, 2019
Hadashville, Manitoba, Canada
Rear lift (at ends):1,036 lbs [469 kg]
Rear lift (at 24"/610mm):705 lbs [319 kg]

From B7200 tractordata page.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

JeffL

Equipment
B7200E, B4200DT
Jan 8, 2016
North Central Ar.
Yes, I found the lift capacities as stated by tractor data. Why does the kubota owners manual as found on kubota Books list max rotary cutter weight as 300#.
What are the weights of implements others are using behind a B7200?

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Yes, I found the lift capacities as stated by tractor data. Why does the kubota owners manual as found on kubota Books list max rotary cutter weight as 300#.
What are the weights of implements others are using behind a B7200?
Lawyers and warranty.

Tractor is small and Kubota provided a warranty.

Owner's manual spec does not mean that tractor will not lift more, only that Kubota recommends no more.

You will need front weights for most three point mounted rough cut mowers.

SDT

sdk1968

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2601HSD & CK4010HST 4WD/FEL
Oct 19, 2016
Ohio
4' hog on a b7200 is really as big as you wanna go unless you are just cutting light stuff.

it bogs the little fella down pretty good in heavy stuff.

i ran the 42" on all my B7200's & never had any issue with them. wasnt too heavy, didnt lug under heavy brush.

got a neighbor who runs a 36" hog on his.

but then again have seen people throw a 5' on them & just abuse the little tractors to death.

JeffL

Equipment
B7200E, B4200DT
Jan 8, 2016
North Central Ar.
Lawyers and warranty:
Understandable, published max lift about right for not using common sense and counterweights. I am a big believer in counterweight on the opposite end of the lifted implement.

Would consider the 42" if I could find one. Never found one on a dealer lot and the very few Craigslist offerings are always several states away.

Agree the 4' is on the outer limits of the B7200. PO installed a very low hour (new?) 19 Hp engine which should open the operating window some.

I have a lot of oak saplings under 3/4" diameter that have taken over the area around my cabin. These will require the initial cut then regular cutting for a few years, eventually the grass will return. I will also maintain roads and trails that are mostly grass/weeds. Initially I have some work to do but eventually light maintenance.

I would like to get as heavily built cutter as possible as I will eventually upgrade to a larger tractor. I never see the need for a cutter larger than 4', too many trees I will not remove. On the other hand I don't want to get a cutter that is simply too heavy for the B7200 and create a unsafe situation.

I found a fair deal on a heavy duty 4' cutter that weights 600#. Sure I can counterbalance it and the tractor will probably pick it up. But, who or what will do most of the driving?
Probably over thinking this but I do want to soak up as much knowledge before I jump in. Thanks Jeff.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Lawyers and warranty:
Understandable, published max lift about right for not using common sense and counterweights. I am a big believer in counterweight on the opposite end of the lifted implement.

Would consider the 42" if I could find one. Never found one on a dealer lot and the very few Craigslist offerings are always several states away.

Agree the 4' is on the outer limits of the B7200. PO installed a very low hour (new?) 19 Hp engine which should open the operating window some.

I have a lot of oak saplings under 3/4" diameter that have taken over the area around my cabin. These will require the initial cut then regular cutting for a few years, eventually the grass will return. I will also maintain roads and trails that are mostly grass/weeds. Initially I have some work to do but eventually light maintenance.

I would like to get as heavily built cutter as possible as I will eventually upgrade to a larger tractor. I never see the need for a cutter larger than 4', too many trees I will not remove. On the other hand I don't want to get a cutter that is simply too heavy for the B7200 and create a unsafe situation.

I found a fair deal on a heavy duty 4' cutter that weights 600#. Sure I can counterbalance it and the tractor will probably pick it up. But, who or what will do most of the driving?
Probably over thinking this but I do want to soak up as much knowledge before I jump in. Thanks Jeff.
I think that 600 Lbs. is too heavy but you may be able to get away with it for awhile with front weights and common sense if your ground is not steep.

At 600 Lbs., I would worry about the lift arm attachment points.

Be advised that cutting saplings, especially hardwoods, is damaging to tires, especially if the blades are sharp. Cleanly cut stems can and do puncture tires. Find a set of very dull blades for such work or sacrifice your set on a grinder. You can always replace the blades after the saplings have been cut.

SDT

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
Land Pride makes 42" RCR1242, around me several dealers had them in stock.
12 series isnt super heavy duty but it gets the job done as long as what you're clearing is not too crazy. weighs about 300 pounds, doesnt take much PTO HP to run it.

Last edited:

JeffL

Equipment
B7200E, B4200DT
Jan 8, 2016
North Central Ar.
In North central Ark (Ozarks) nothing is flat unless it is man made! All my roads & trails are up, down and many off camber. With that thought and advice I think I will stay away from the 600 pounder. Not the right tool for my job.

Last year we cut many saplings with chainsaws on the shooting range, the result looked like punji sticks. Had to go back over and dull them. Wonder if the dealer would sell with a extra set of old/dull blades? :rolleyes:

Land Pride, Bush Hog, Frontier, and Woods are the brands I can find local. All have the 4' and I think are around the 400# range. I think they want to clear inventory and not order a 42", the discussion starts drifting toward freight costs for a special order.

sdk1968

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Oct 19, 2016
Ohio
Land Pride makes 42" RCR1242, around me several dealers had them in stock.
12 series isnt super heavy duty but it gets the job done as long as what you're clearing is not too crazy. weighs about 300 pounds, doesnt take much PTO HP to run it.

Jeff,

land pride makes a 42" hog & so does TITAN... i ran the Titan on all of my B7200's & then on my 2601.

the titan is under $800 brand new. look at the pix of my B2601 with it on there... oh & its designed to run on only 10hp at the PTO which is perfect for a 7200.

in your owners manual, it says the recommended hog is 42" for the B7100/7200.
never had any issues with it making my B72's unstable or off balance (always run my rims in the wide position.)

Attachments

JeffL

Equipment
B7200E, B4200DT
Jan 8, 2016
North Central Ar.
Thanks for the lead on Titan. Checked out their website and the model 1135 (42") weights 463# which is a new record for a 42"! Unfortunately this model does not have a floating rear link. Two dealers are listed not too far from me down in the flat lands. I will go check them out on Monday.

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
Land Pride RCR1242 will come in at less than 350, and has floating link

sdk1968

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Oct 19, 2016
Ohio
Land Pride RCR1242 will come in at less than 350, and has floating link

AND: LandPride is owned/operated by KUBOTA!! just saying.

ive got a lot of LP stuff.

JeffL

Equipment
B7200E, B4200DT
Jan 8, 2016
North Central Ar.
Land Pride is on my new short list. The Kobota dealer in Batesville has many 4' and larger. IMO Land Pride has the best floating link design. Still looking for an actual 42" to inspect.