"Jack" or lift placement point?

erda

Equipment
LX3310HSDCC
Aug 24, 2014
Alberta, Canada
Getting ready to install chains for the first time on my B2601. Where is the proper/best jack placement to lift the rear of the tractor?
Thanks.

redmaher

Jun 23, 2016
US
I wouldn't worry about lifting. Lay down the chains and drive on them . that's how we put chains on our semi trucks. A lot safer than putting hands under your tractor.

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
I wouldn't worry about lifting.
Yeah - what Red said. After getting them on, drive it around a bit to "work them in." Then re-tighten. Lather, rinse, repeat....

Some guys will let a little air out before putting chains on, then blow them back up. I don't, will lose my fluid.....

You want them tight. If you have R4 tires, they will get lost in the treads unless real tight.

I use a bunch of genuine rubber tarp straps on the outside to keep them taught. Rubber does better in cold weather.

Good luck!

erda

Equipment
LX3310HSDCC
Aug 24, 2014
Alberta, Canada
Well, tried to mount the chains today, only to find that there isn't enough clearance to the fenders.

Time to look for some spacers. Suggestions as to a good source?

Thanks.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Well, tried to mount the chains today, only to find that there isn't enough clearance to the fenders.

Time to look for some spacers. Suggestions as to a good source?

Thanks.
Start with Kubota, you can find out what is recommended and price by "building" your model on the kubota website. It will tell you the size and price, and then you can look for alternatives if you want. The B2650 requires spacers for chains. On the other hand you can't have spacers and put the midmount mower on.

erda

Equipment
LX3310HSDCC
Aug 24, 2014
Alberta, Canada
Thanks, but the Canadian Kubota site doesn't work the same as Kubota USA's site.

No mid-mount mower to worry about.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
I tried it, and Kubota offered for your model 1 3/8 inch spacers with turf tires selected, for $299. Typically down here dealers take off up to %15 when buying a new tractor off this "list" price, so don't know what they cost if ordered separately. But at least this tells you that size is allowable under warranty.