B6200 Question!!

rparkinson

Aug 23, 2012
Northport Maine
hey everybody, my father has a really clean B6200 with just under 400 hours- the other day he pulled it in the garage and it started smoking badly under the hood. Turned out to be a voltage regulator that shorted inside. I replaced it, everything else looks good. Harness seems to be ok, other then one plug by the starter. I would guess it is a 10g wire that is red, it comes off the solenoid and has a plug that looks like it just jumps the wires.... but on this machine it is melted pretty bad. Is that what that plug does, just jumps these wires together? I am sorry, I should have taken some pics... I will try to get some later... boy it is hard to explain this stuff... thank you guys!

rparkinson

Aug 23, 2012
Northport Maine
Hey thanks a lot guys! I went and had a second look tonight after I got out of work, and it is a fuseable link that is the main feed to the dash. I am going to see if I can google around and see what amperage it was and I will replace it with an inline fuse of the same amperage. I sure do appreciate all the help!

kubotasam

Equipment
B2410, B7100dt, B7500,Woods BH750,Landpride 2660RFM, Tiller, B2781 Snowblower
Apr 26, 2010
Alfred Maine
Hey thanks a lot guys! I went and had a second look tonight after I got out of work, and it is a fuseable link that is the main feed to the dash. I am going to see if I can google around and see what amperage it was and I will replace it with an inline fuse of the same amperage. I sure do appreciate all the help!
When you find the correct amperage replace it with an automatic reset circuit breaker.

Attachments

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
Before deciding to forego the fusible link, read more about them and consider if the engineers who designed your vehicle and many others were really so simple minded they did not use a circuit breaker especially one with auto reset. That is a good way to start a fire. If the fusible link is blown, something very serious is wrong.
Dave M7040

rparkinson

Aug 23, 2012
Northport Maine
That is a good point Dave. I am a vw mechanic and see that sort of thing all the time. The boys at the factory did a pretty good job. Better then what I could do I bet... they put it in for a reason....