What is this part called ?

Ex-Pat

Equipment
L2000
Oct 9, 2011
North Carolina
It is a "Turnbuckle" kinda thing that adjusts to take the slop out of the lower stays, one end is broken off...

It is from a L2000

Where would i get a new one ?

Thanks

Attachments

ShaunBlake

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B6100D; B219; Piranha bar; Hodge stabilizers; Filled Ag rears; R322T w/48" deck
Dec 21, 2014
Sugar Hill -- next door to Buford, GA
Most any hardware store, particularly Ace * TrueValue, will have turnbuckles. If not that stout, they should be able to direct you to a source. I also find a variety at the big box stores.

Last edited:

Ex-Pat

Equipment
L2000
Oct 9, 2011
North Carolina

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
Kubota corporation would call the center part a turnbuckle and the end parts "check chains".

One end is right hand thread and the other is left hand thread. You should be able to use the center section again.

You can get a thread gauge and find out if the threads are metric (probably) or SAE (doubtful). If they are common metric thread size you can try to get all thread rod and weld the chains to that.

You may be able to get a machine shop to make the check chain parts if the thread is metric and not commonly available.

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
You will only find new turnbuckles, that will work correctly and be strong enough to survive, from a tractor parts dealer. Anything at Tractor Supply, Ace, etc. is designed for fences, not tractors.
They are also readily available on Ebay. You will need to know your minimum and maximum length to buy the correct ones.

olthumpa

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L275
May 25, 2011
Maine
You will only find new turnbuckles, that will work correctly and be strong enough to survive, from a tractor parts dealer. Anything at Tractor Supply, Ace, etc. is designed for fences, not tractors.
They are also readily available on Ebay. You will need to know your minimum and maximum length to buy the correct ones.
What Hodge said.:)

Apogee

Equipment
B6100, B7100, B8200, B9200, G4200, L175, L35
Jan 22, 2012
Tacoma, WA
Your tractor is basically an L225. You can take a look at the parts list on kubota.com, Messick's or at your dealer. Dealer will likely snub you if you tell them its an L2000 but they will help you if you call it an L225.

Not sure that looks like the original part. I'm guessing it's been replaced before. As Hodge mentioned, it likely broke because the material it was made from is too soft.

Also, if memory serves one of the members here on the sight manufactures something to take it's place that is much stronger. The problem is, I don't remember who he is. I just remember seeing the pics and being impressed by his product.

Good luck!

Steve

Ex-Pat

Equipment
L2000
Oct 9, 2011
North Carolina
Tried Dealer, Not much help wanted year vin etc, 40 min hold.

EBay had a promising one in Germany about right size wise

then http://wkytpstore.com/ They could not have been more helpful. They did not have any used but new... $60 for a pair complete. I am HAPPY

Thanks for the tip gentlemen

Justin

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
They have them at TSC. You have to look in Tractor Supply area of store. Now granted if your not in an area where there is Farms or Horses etc. your TSC may only carry generic lawn and garden stuff and not much true tractor stuff. All their stores seem to have less tractor stuff and tuff hardware every year as it is.:mad:

maxvolk

Equipment
l3000dt
Dec 31, 2011
piedmont, alabama
What you need is called a JOINT CHAIN.I broke one a phew months ago went to the Kubota dealer to get new one for my L3000DT. They come as an assembly or each piece of the assembly. You can find it in 3-point linkage Lower link

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia