Kubota l2050 won't start

BowBow

Equipment
L3240, B1750 utv1100 Bolens ht23
Nov 9, 2013
Stafford ny
I have al 2050 I picked up to restore, tractor was missing fenders and front headlights, and was not taken care of. When I brought it home I had to use starting flued to start it, runs good once started. I have fixed the oil leak from pto, changed fuel filter, air filter , changed all oils and filters, new water pump and fan, it sits in a warm shop. Battery is good. Spins over real good. I pulled all glow plugs out and tested each one. The only thing I don't have experance on is the mechanical shut off. Is it possable it broken in side? Or a fuel pump problem? Need help at this point, Thanks Randy

Diydave

Equipment
L2202 tractor, L185f tractor
Oct 31, 2013
Gambrills, MD USA
I have al 2050 I picked up to restore, tractor was missing fenders and front headlights, and was not taken care of. When I brought it home I had to use starting flued to start it, runs good once started. I have fixed the oil leak from pto, changed fuel filter, air filter , changed all oils and filters, new water pump and fan, it sits in a warm shop. Battery is good. Spins over real good. I pulled all glow plugs out and tested each one. The only thing I don't have experance on is the mechanical shut off. Is it possable it broken in side? Or a fuel pump problem? Need help at this point, Thanks Randy
It's possible you have injector or pump issues. Whatever you do, throw the ether can away. Ether can knock the piston tops clean into the oil pan, on a Kubota! The pistons are too thin to take the knock for very long.

Start with a manual, and do some trouble shooting, take the easy stuff first, dump the fuel, put a new filter on, bleed the system, and see if it will start.:D

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
You will also need to check the compression, low compression= no or slow start.

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
Compression should be 40 kg/cm2 which is 568 psi and no lower than 29.6 kg/cm2 or 412 psi with the engine turning over at least 250 rpm.

Agree to not resort to either or you will have even bigger problems. Try using a heat gun or even hair dryer blowing into engine intake. Remove filter assembly to get as close to engine as possible.

Do you know how to bleed the fuel system. If air is getting in while tractor is sitting it wont start. On older machines the fuel lines can let air in where they wont leak under pressure.

Dave M7040

Last edited:

BowBow

Equipment
Nov 9, 2013
Stafford ny
Thanks for the info. You guy,s are the best. I will get to test compression within the next weak. I will let you know what I come up with. Thanks again.

BowBow

Equipment
Nov 9, 2013
Stafford ny
Got the tractor running, it had so much air in it it wasn't funny! Runs good, thanks for the help.