Go Back   OrangeTractorTalks - Everything Kubota > Kubota Talk > Implements & Attachments

Implements & Attachments Find everything related to operating, servicing and maintaining that loader, mower, blade, snow blower, tiller, hitch or scraper, right here.

Old 4 Weeks Ago   #11
Templeton

Equipment: BX2380 FEL, MMM
Default Re: Mower and 3PH counterweight won't stay up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreensvilleJay View Post
I don't have a MMM, though it's 'supposed to be easy' to put on/take off, I don't trust 'them'.
Can't be a whole lot of grass left 'down under' that needs cutting from wht I've seen on TV, why not take the MMM off for now ??
!
While the fires have burned a huge chunk of SE Oz, round my way fire is very infrequent - the woodland just doesn't grow enough fuel to carry huge fires. Still, fire is an issue since I back on to a creekline with huge river red gums, which would carry a crown fire on a code red day. I water my extensive front lawn to keep it green as a fire suppression measure - and to feed the roos who like a bit of green pick.
I leave the counter weight on so i don't have to keep changing up the attachments as I swap back and forth from loader to mower. However, you make good points - once i get into a rhythm at this new place, no doubt i will better sequence my mowing/loading tasks.
cheers, and thanks again for all the comments and suggestions, most appreciated.
T
Templeton is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links  
Advertisement
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #12
Tornado
3rd Yr. Apprentice

I see a lot of people here saying this is "Normal" for the bx, as if its no big deal.. For the 3ph to gradually drop its load over time while using the tractor? Really? This is normal? If it is then that is a huge strike against a Kubota bx tractor to me. Surely this isn't "normal". My L2501 doesnt leak down at all on the 3pt, except when the tractor is turned off, and even then it takes hours and hours to leak down. With the tractor running It doesnt leak down at all that Ive ever seen or noticed. Surely this is an issue that needs to be fixed.
Tornado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #13
200mph
4th Yr. Apprentice

Equipment: L4740-3 Cab, FEL, Fnt Snow Blower L2185, LP Finish Mower, LP Rotary Mower

I'm with Tornado.

I've owned three different Kubota's, one B and two Grand L's and the 3pt hitch always maintains position.

Just because it is normal doesn't make it right. As long as customers are willing to put up with poor quality, the manufacture has no incentive to improve.
200mph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #14
BlindBuck

Equipment: BX2380

Is it a ballast box on the 3PH? If so just put the pins in the fixed position holes. At least that is what I do with my counter weight.

Also If you play with the dial it shouldn't lower, mine isn't closed but is fairly close to it. That lets my implements lower nice and controlled and they don't appear to move while in use (only after being shut off). When I initially got it after an hour or so of running I noticed it would drop just as you describe.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
BlindBuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #15
wgator
2nd Yr. Apprentice

Equipment: L4701HST, FEL

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindBuck View Post
Is it a ballast box on the 3PH? If so just put the pins in the fixed position holes. At least that is what I do with my counter weight.
T,
Like blindbuck says, pin your 3PH as shown on page 55 of your operators manual (also shown in below attachment), it will keep your counter weight up but still allow full movement of mower deck.
Click image for larger version

Name:	BX2380 TPH pin up.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	89.4 KB
ID:	46859
wgator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #16
Tornado
3rd Yr. Apprentice

Some good work arounds, but im still really curious why this is happening. This sounds like a broken tractor issue that should be fixed. Hydraulic pressure should not just bleed out while youre using the tractor, and drop your 3pt implement into the ground. Thats not something you just work around, thats something you fix. If this is indeed completely normal for a BX, I would never recommend one to anyone, and I certainly will never own one. That's just crazy to me.
Tornado is offline   Reply With Quote