"Clicking" noise in right rear wheel

Machodoc

Jun 15, 2016
King George
I'm getting a clicking noise in the right rear wheel of my hydrostatic drive Kubota tractor. I can hear it better when someone else is driving it than when I'm on it. It's especially noticeable at low speeds. It sounds like it makes a noise about every 180 degrees of rotation.

I'm not sue if there's just a rock that somehow got into where it shouldn't be, a brake part is loose or dragging, or something else. It sounds like when a CV joint on a transverse engine car is starting to go bad.

Does this sound familiar to anyone here?

bcp

Equipment
BX2360
Apr 20, 2011
SW WA
Welcome to OTT.

Check the lug bolts/nuts, and check the bolts holding the center to the rim, if you have that type. Loose wheel fasteners will click.

Bruce

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
And wheel hubs to axle, if it has separate hubs.

jcy110

Equipment
BX22 with LA210 loader and BT600 hoe
Aug 22, 2015
Whitehouse Station, NJ
My BX22 was clicking from time to time and there was a problem with the locking differential with broken gear teeth. When it pushed a hole in the HST case the repair and parts cost 4200.00 I would get it taken apart and looked at. The larger half of the case is about 2000.00 for my tractor. Getting it taken apart now might save you a lot of cash if just the differential needs to be replaced they can do it by removing the smaller half of the case and one rear wheel. Let us know how you make out.

You can look at pics http://1pcmedic.com/bx22/dealer01.jpg pics are dealer01.jpg - dealer07.jpg you can just change the number in the browser.

Last edited:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I'm getting a clicking noise in the right rear wheel of my hydrostatic drive Kubota tractor. I can hear it better when someone else is driving it than when I'm on it. It's especially noticeable at low speeds. It sounds like it makes a noise about every 180 degrees of rotation.

I'm not sue if there's just a rock that somehow got into where it shouldn't be, a brake part is loose or dragging, or something else. It sounds like when a CV joint on a transverse engine car is starting to go bad.

Does this sound familiar to anyone here?
State the exact model, they are not all built the same! ;)

Machodoc

Jun 15, 2016
King George

G-Man

Equipment
B7500, ZD221
Jul 27, 2012
Excelsior, AR
You may need new wedges that hold the wheel mount to the axle. I replaced mine because they where badly worn out. 100% better and no clicking any more