New Holland rims fit Kubota??

bigt88

Nov 24, 2014
louisiana
Wheels are from a new holland td33d and will be going on a kubota l2900 anyone know if the will fit? The tires are not exact size. The original Kubota are 7.2-16 front 12.4-24 rear. The New Hollands are 7-14 front and 11.2-24 rear. Will that hurt anything changing the size like that?

cerlawson

Equipment
rotiller, box scraper,etc.
Feb 24, 2011
PORTAGE, WI
I suppose you know the hole pattern is close. However, see if you can find the rolling radius of all four (Blue and orange). Then, check the ratio of the front wheel rolling radius to rear for each make tractor. If they are the same, no sweat. If not, you will be placing strain on a four wheel drive usage. There usually is a little built in strain with fronts pulling faster than rear, but a significant difference may end up with at least steering problems. I have never heard of 4 x 4's wearing out due to significant strain, but that's for experts to answer.

bigt88

Nov 24, 2014
louisiana
I have no clue if the bolt patterns are close. I was hoping someone would tell me if they were the same or not. I'm new to the tractor world and know I need some new wheels for mine. Someone has some used new Hollands and I'm hoping they fit to save me some change. Tractor only gets used a few times a year.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Yes if it's a 4wd then changing to tires out to a non comparable ratio could cause you some serious problems and repair issues. ;)

bigt88

Nov 24, 2014
louisiana
Looks like I would be giving up 2inches on the front tires and 2.2 inches on the rear. This to much of a drop? That's just from looking at the overall diameter off some of the tire sites.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
the number you need to find out and compare is the Rolling Circumference or RC #.
If it's more than 4% different then it could do damage.

ShaunRH

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
May 14, 2014
Atascadero, CA
You also need to be careful about advertised numbers and real numbers. Rim width and tread condition can radically alter a tires profile. To NIWolfman's point, it's just just starting out 4% different, it's also wear along the way. If the tires ever get out of the 4% difference range with each other, damage becomes very likely.

clay45

Equipment
L2050DT, TSC 5ft Rake, Tartar 5ft rototiller, TSC Middlebuster, TSC CarryAll
Feb 6, 2015
SC
Are these new or used tires? The overrun calculations using rolling circumference or static load radius will work with new tires. Used ones...all bets are off. You'll need to measure the actual track & turns of the wheels.